1971 BMW 2800CS 5-Speed (NMNA)

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
listed on BaT

The lack of detailed pictures will hurt the auction, the claim of replaced floor pans is interesting, but good pictures of the underside are needed to show the work was done well. There are no pictures of the rust-prone areas (firewall @ A-pillar, top of the shock towers to name a couple). The use of heavy cover on top of the rockers and in the cowl area may indicate some problems

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The nautical monogram is classic olde new england, my parents' Cape Cod friends used to have them on each door of their cadillac :p

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
You can see enough of the floor pans to know they would probably need to be done again. Rocker covers are body color so one would hope they were removed. I don’t think I’d look at the hood and trunk fit as a sign of something catastrophic. I do think given its location and the areas of concern, the lack of photos and what so far appears to be a corresponding lack of knowledge about the car will probably drive the price.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What @wkohler said plus I think the color will detract from the big bucks. So far... if I was a wagering man....maybe "RNM" unless owner is realistic with current market value of a coupe in this shape and color. Last 2-minutes hopefully will be fun...I wish them luck!