1971 cast rebuilt cylinder head for sale

CookeD

Reaction score
1971 casting rebuilt cylinder head for sale. The head has been cleaned up and .001 removed to give a fresh surface; no tolerance issues from OE. Hot tanked, pressure tested, no cracks. Valves surfaced, new valve stem seals. Rockers and shafts good, head is fully assembled with stock cam and springs. Oiled and sealed in plastic wrap (removed for pics).

Most of these heads were overheated and cracked, but if you're looking to do a period correct restoration you'll want this.

Full disclosure, unfortunately I cannot currently locate the receipt for the rebuild, so based on this, starting at $750 or best offer. Also, I can supply other detailed photos on request.

1971_head_1.jpg

1971_head_2.jpg

1971_head_3.jpg

1971_head_4.jpg

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think it would help if you measured the head height and posted it here.

CookeD

Reaction score
Hi Don / All,

To clarify the work done to the head-- The head face was machined with an abrasive medium (scotch-brite type of medium via machine) to clean the surface, and the shop considers that 0.001. The head was not in any need of resurfacing because of warps, etc., but was surface cleaned, which is considered a normal machining process to seal against the head gasket. Based on this, the head should be OE spec, and not have any distributor or cam alignment issues.

The head measures the following approximate heights using adjustable calipers and by hand:
1. Exhaust side, deck to top of head @ front - 128.61mm
2. Exhaust side, deck to top of head @ rear - 128.61mm
3. Intake side, deck to top of head @ front - 128.61mm
4. Intake side, deck to top of head @ rear - 128.61mm

If you would like any more head measurements you're going to have to specify how to do it, as I am not sure how you measure heads and I would need to take it back to a machine shop to get measurements in this case. Also, if you're interested in the head, please let me know if you would like any additional pics.

Also, I'm selling because I was going to put together a period correct motor for another build, and that car was sold. So the spare parts for that build are being sold off, and there are other parts that will be for sale soon in separate ads (265 transmission with mechanical speedo, 3x 40 DCOEs and manifolds, euro dirty motor, etc...) once I have pictures.

Thanks in advance,

John