1971 Polaris on Navy 3.0CS

cameronj

Reaction score
Polaris Silver 1971 3.0CS Euro. Imported in the early eighties, this 1971 3.0CS has 159,000 models. It's a euro model, which means all of the ugly deflectors and fender pieces are absent, as is the "Fasten Seat Belt" sign.

New Parts: The car was completely restored in 2001, with a full repaint in '87 Polaris Silver, new leather interior, new carpeting, Alpine 6+1 CD player with new mid-range and Tweeters built in and a new amp, three point seatbelts in front, new lap belts in back, wood and leather MOMO steering wheel, new 535i block, completely rebuilt zenith carbs (had webers, hated them), new clutch, new ignition, new shift linkage, new turn signals, cylinder and ring job completed in 2003, upgraded exhaust, bilstein shocks, 16-inch powdercoated Alpina rims, rebuilt transmission, new power window motors (they all work, and well!). The glass is in great shape, as is the wood.

Condition: Complete rust-abatement during 2001 restoration (and NO SUNROOF, so no rust around there, or the quarterpanels), mechanically perfect (serviced by H&B BMW in Berkeley, CA), glossy paint and gorgeous seats. There's no way to drive this car without feeling like James Bond 8). There is some minor damage to left front turn signal, and a small dent on the right side below the rear bumper. Other, than that, the car is in great shape, and ready to be loved by another E9 devotee.

I've loved...owned, this car since 1999, and have over $25,000 in receipts for the engine, interior and body work. However, it's time to move on.

Price: $13,500

The car is located in Los Angeles. Email me at Cameron[dot]JohnsonW[at]gmail[dot]com for more information or pics!

Nagrom

Reaction score
Cameron-
I sent you an email. Please let me know if the car is available and pls send me additional info. incl. photos- I am in the market to purchase.MM