1972 3.0CS on BaT

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Polaris/Blue offering with Weber carbs, 2800 CS Tach, and what seems like a Euro dash.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Also a bit strange is Hazard Switch below the dash ala 2800CS, black 1972 EPA sticker (should be silver), seatbelt hanger on rear cards like a 74. Does anyone with an early US 3.0CS have these features?

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My July of 1972 has the hazard switch below the dash, seat belt hangar on mine was on the roof where the lap belts were located.

This one is 294 earlier than mine.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice car.

Would rather have this than the Ceylon csi. I'm a sucker for AC/sunroof cars.

72 best year IMHO.

Maybe dash rail was replaced with an older version and switch relocated. Wonder if switch is 6-prong (older style) or 8-prong?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
My July of 1972 has the hazard switch below the dash, seat belt hangar on mine was on the roof where the lap belts were located.

This one is 294 earlier than mine.

You mean your switch is on the grab rail like it should (normally seen) for 72s?

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You mean your switch is on the grab rail like it should (normally seen) for 72s?
Mine is in the same position as shown in the sellers picture (copied below), in the kick panel below the dashboard.

Attachments

• 1689379972181.png
    1689379972181.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 35

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wouldn't a euro dash have a speedo in km/hr?
The dash doesn't have the USA Fasten Seat Belt light on top of the dash. Maybe they didn't start using that until 1972. The instrument panel has the 2800CS tach. This just shows how so many of these '70's BMW's were modified by previous owners.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wouldn't a euro dash have a speedo in km/hr?

My euro 2800CS has a mph speedo and the extra side markers front and rear. My CSI has a kph speedo and only rear side markers. Hard to say what changed during or before import.