1972 3.0CS Verona on black for sale

thestig8

Reaction score
1972 BMW 3.0 CS FOR SALE - Asking $27,000 or best offer
Color: Verona Red with black leather interior. This is the original color combination of this car.
Mileage: 1567xx Km (about 97,000 miles) purchased from ALAN BMW SAAB in Edmonds 10/4/1987 by my father with 145651 Km and I purchased it from him in 2003.
Model: This car is a European version of the 3.0 CS. It does not have the ugly reflectors on the front and rear sides of the car. It has the lower profile front turn signals, Chrome CSL wheel arch trim, fog light in the rear center panel, higher compression pistons, and odometer and speedometer in kilometers. This was originally an automatic that has been converted to a 5 speed in 4/04.
Features: Power Sunroof, Power rear windows, manual front windows, 5-speed conversion, Weber DCOE 40 triple side draft carburetors with a Korman intake, Korman 282 cam shaft, electric fuel pump, leather seats, Dash board in excellent condition. Wood Nardi steering wheel,
Restoration: This car has been stripped down to the bare shell and bead blasted, the only rust found was under the driver side foot well and right rocker panel, this was cut out and repaired with fresh metal, the car was repainted in the original Verona Red 4 coats of high quality 3M paint. Recovered dash and rear panels, refinish all wood paneling, new carpets and trunk carpet, Re-chromed bumpers front and rear, and driver side mirror, refinish emblems, refinish hood and fender grills, Undercoating, polish all trim, refinish original alloy wheels, top end rebuild with port and polish (7/04), most recent major tune up (7/04) or about 1000km ago. (Over $45,000 in receipts for restoration)
New parts: Wiper motor, hood seal, new Ansa header, Rear muffler, KYB Shocks, center tie rod and control arms, all hoses, Alpine stereo, 1 pioneer speaker (front), 2 Kenwood speakers back shelf, all weather strip and rubber seals replaced, headliner, headlamps, battery, stainless steal braided brake lines, all suspension bushings, fuel lines, drive shaft, clutch, flywheel, clutch master and slave cylinders, brake rotors and pads,
This car is a Concours show winner. In the last 6 years it has either placed 1st or 2nd in class at the annual BMW CCA Concours D’Elegance. It is in excellent condition for a 35 year old car. It drives even better with lots of torque and very good power throughout the RPM range. It is always garaged and covered and has not seen rain in 20 years. It has been well loved and it shows. Things that do need to be addressed: The leather seats are all original. The rear seats are in excellent condition, the front passenger seat is in good condition with mild signs of wear and the driver seat has 3 small tears in the central portion of the seat. The least expensive fix would be to have an upholstery shop repair the tears but the best way would be to replace the old leather covers with new ones. This is the place to get the replacement covers. http://www.worlduph.com/bmw2.htm. They cost about $800 for the two front seats. Upholstery shops will charge about $500-$800 labor. I just never got around to doing it. Hence the reason that I am selling this beauty is that I have 5 cars and I just do not drive it at all and it should go to someone who would enjoy it more. Please call me if you have more questions. Please email me for pictures.
Sincerely Eddie Lo 206-300-2676