1972 BMW 3.0CS 3.5L 5-Speed BAT Fjord Blue

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love the Murray Fowler connection on this coupe. Those of us who knew him (me not nearly enough) know that this greatly enhances the value of the car. I trust his eye as far as the undercarriage and it appears this car has seen little or no rain. Having BluMaxx's engine in this car is a plus IMO, he took meticulous care of that beautiful car. I always loved talking to him, he was an E9 encyclopedia. I didn't get nearly enough time with him, one of the guys in our SoCal Vintage BMW community that was such a treasured asset. - he's very much missed.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
$65K, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I'm guessing it will go much higher.

What are you predicting? $80k?

The engine compartment has not been restored; neither underneath detailing whatsoever.

Hopefully the seller will provide more pictures. This will always limit the amount of potential bidders. Don't know why sellers don't do that. I would think BAT would ask them for more.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
What are you predicting? $80k?

The engine compartment has not been restored; neither underneath detailing whatsoever.

Hopefully the seller will provide more pictures. This will always limit the amount of potential bidders. Don't know why sellers don't do that. I would think BAT would ask them for more.

It could go higher than 80K. It has all the right stuff; color combo, 3.5 with 5 speed, sunroof, AC, power front windows, etc... I'd like to see more pictures but from what I can see, it looks great!

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This car looks like a very solid and dry example and the Murry Fowler connection won't mean much to some but among the E9 community it does. I do question the claim of a ZF five speed. That's a unicorn close-ratio dogleg box as used in some of the CSL race cars. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This car looks like a very solid and dry example and the Murry Fowler connection won't mean much to some but among the E9 community it does. I do question the claim of a ZF five speed. That's a unicorn close-ratio dogleg box as used in some of the CSL race cars. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Good point. He just needs to post a pic. They aren’t unicorns but they are rare. I know four other members that have one on the shelf. The ZF box has a ton of support, way more than the G265.

Edit: That’s cleared up.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think John doesn’t know what is in his coupe, must be a Getrag and I think a b34 so no more hp than a b30.

Outside of the internet it doesn’t really matter. When I am not looking at coupes online I critique supermodels with pointy elbows. :D

I wouldn’t harp on anyone for not being an M30/Getrag/ZF expert, unless they have owned 50 coupes. ;)

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sold $78,250. I think the CSi VIN issue cost the seller more than a few dollars on this one. Just my opinion of course. Personally I think its a good buy at this price.

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
And not enough pictures of critical areas. Kind of cagey of the seller IMHO.

Also, not sure why, but that Fjord sure looks...off.

1972_bmw_3-0cs_15596990530e0c051972_bmw_3-0cs_1559333628d363e2feIMG_0764-1-940x672.jpg

Looks almost like Riviera.

THIS E9 looks like the Fjord I'm used to:

imager.php

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Outside of the internet it doesn’t really matter. When I am not looking at coupes online I critique supermodels with pointy elbows. :D

I wouldn’t harp on anyone for not being an M30/Getrag/ZF expert, unless they have owned 50 coupes. ;)
Does that mean you have owned 50 supermodels???

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
And not enough pictures of critical areas. Kind of cagey of the seller IMHO.

Also, not sure why, but that Fjord sure looks...off.

1972_bmw_3-0cs_15596990530e0c051972_bmw_3-0cs_1559333628d363e2feIMG_0764-1-940x672.jpg

Looks almost like Riviera.

THIS E9 looks like the Fjord I'm used to:

imager.php
I agree, paint looks flat, but it may be the lighting. Overall, the photos were pretty blah for a car at that price point.