1972 BMW 3.0cs project car - $1 (Franktown)

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here's the ad text, I think it's classic, "it needs body work and interior work to be nice again. The engine ran before pulling it..."

1972 BMW 3.0CS project. I have all the parts, but it has been taken apart for restoration. Overall condition is fair, and it needs body work and interior work to be nice again. The engine ran before pulling it and is the 6 cylinder dual carb. Standard transmission. Wheels are decent, but a bit of road rash on one. I will be able to lift the car from the trusses in the garage to put on your trailer, and you can have the custom made rolling stand the car is on now. I do not have the title, but will be able to get a duplicate fairly easily. Great start to a classic car!

Make me an offer! I've got a truck I want to buy......

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I already got emails and texts from friends wanting me to go check this project out with them. The guy with the Alpina 2000ti that I had posted about previously lives in this town so I may have a good reason to make the drive down.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I already got emails and texts from friends wanting me to go check this project out with them. The guy with the Alpina 2000ti that I had posted about previously lives in this town so I may have a good reason to make the drive down.

The 2000Ti? I must have missed that post.

hplug

Reaction score
Holes in the top of the fenders. Another rusty jewel. I have pics if anyone wants them

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did someone make an offer?? (don't look at me)

Several forum members are looking at it. Pricing on the car is in the ballpark of a good deal but the price point doesn't add up unless one plans to restore it. The asking price is more than the sum of its parts. That's obviously very common for a driveable car but this car needs to be rolled away on a dolley.

hplug

Reaction score
Several forum members are looking at it. Pricing on the car is in the ballpark of a good deal but the price point doesn't add up unless one plans to restore it. The asking price is more than the sum of its parts. That's obviously very common for a driveable car but this car needs to be rolled away on a dolley.

This car is a parts car or someone needs to be prepared to spend many $1000s on metal fabrication. Both front fenders have holes in the top one side about the size of an apple.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
well, I never made it out to this car. Inspection got put off after I pointed out to the interested party how much work and money I saw sitting in the photos.
On the other hand, we did make the long drive out to a hoarder to inspect a car at a depressing Porsche graveyard. We were allowed to go out on the condition that no photos could be taken and we wouldn't tell others how to find him. I think it would be safe to say that he has Speedsters (note plural), conv. Ds, along with many 356s (from As to SCs), 914s and 911s. They ranged from fairly easy projects to rusty heaps. There were used and NOS parts stacked two stories high in several barns. Oh, and in the end, we left empty handed. Typical.

Bwana

Reaction score
I never get these guys. ^^^^ Did you find him from some sort of advertisement or word of mouth? If an advert, why would he put one out there only to keep it all secret?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I never get these guys. ^^^^ Did you find him from some sort of advertisement or word of mouth? If an advert, why would he put one out there only to keep it all secret?
There is a pathology there. Sometimes they think they want to sell stuff, maybe they need money, but when I comes to parting...they just can't

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think they are paranoid that somebody is going to come rip them off and steal a bunch of stuff. face it, old porsches and their parts are worth $$$ ... especially speedsters, 356 and early 911. hopefully they do sell some of their stuff and just control who comes to visit.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is a pathology there. Sometimes they think they want to sell stuff, maybe they need money, but when I comes to parting...they just can't

Reminds me of some folks on the forum haha! :D