1972 BMW 3.0CS Project

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Black seems like a rare paint color on an E9. Definitely re-paint it black!

Maybe change up the interior to like...RED!

Congrats! Curious if it's more solid than it looks (or vice versa).

But seriously, looks like you really need to remove the front fenders to see what's lurking behind it. Probably something 80% of E9s need done.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This based off the registry but you get the idea. Still broken, Dan is waiting on some info for me to hand off to a web dev.

7D7B8CC6-563E-43A4-B438-7AF3FD38068B.jpeg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This based off the registry but you get the idea. Still broken, Dan is waiting on some info for me to hand off to a web dev.

View attachment 54394
I am fascinated (disappointed) that the largest circle is "other". I assume that includes a collection of non-factory colors, but also some blank entries.?. Seems to be a lot of missing data that would enrich this cool chart. Then there are cars like mine which is incorrectly noted in the registry because I hadn't confirmed the actual color of the car when I entered it. :eek: I look forward to correcting that once the registry is up and running again. ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am fascinated (disappointed) that the largest circle is "other". I assume that includes a collection of non-factory colors, but also some blank entries.?. Seems to be a lot of missing data that would enrich this cool chart. Then there are cars like mine which is incorrectly noted in the registry because I hadn't confirmed the actual color of the car when I entered it. :eek: I look forward to correcting that once the registry is up and running again. ;)

Yes the other bubble certainly skews the percentages, but the relativity will stay about the same. There is a lot of bad data in the registry. I cleanup up quite a bit of it but some things would require a touch point with bmw info.

Bosozoku

Reaction score
i finally got this car last night. but im still waiting on the title. the car is in really rough shape and runs really rough i had to step on the brakes and gas at the same time just so i can get it in the garage and my driveway is flat. things i saw last night was it looks as if someone already took off the fenders as the the filler sheet metal is gone that connects the strut metal to the fenders. i poked my fingers in the rockers as there are holes and all i felt was brittle rust on both sides. i will post some more as i start to dig into it

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I input many hundreds of VINs into our Registry and if I didn’t have a color I used Other. This was primarily due to all entries I added from our predecessor paper registry where color was not included.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
LOL, I love it!

I just hope our next Registry has the ability to sort VINs up and down along with model, color, country and date of input along with an approval process to prevent bots from contaminating the data.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
LOL, I love it!

I just hope our next Registry has the ability to sort VINs up and down along with model, color, country and date of input along with an approval process to prevent bots from contaminating the data.

Yes and you are the approver! ;)

My god it has been almost a year. I need to deliver some triage info to Dan so we can get someone who knows what they are doing to put a bow on this. The frustrating part is all of the data is loaded. The user authentication just isn’t working. I may just tie all of the records to a valid user and reassign them as members manually register for the site. Will chat with Dan.

Sorry to hijack!