1972 BMW CSL Schnitzer racer for sale in Switzerland

duane_sword

Reaction score
I didn't comment on whether I like it (I don't), but this is a forum for all things coupe... :roll:

The factory CSL racers with the factory colors are the choice (and most expensive).

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
well, if like the rear graphics imply, it actually had an M49 , maybe......

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fugliest coupe racer variant I have yet to see, in fact it goes beyond fugly to mofugly!! WIth the engine described as a 200hp 2985, that's no M49 either.

shanon

Reaction score
............unique looking? absolutely. Not for everyone.

But as Barry said, with some well chosen fresh lipstick, and I'd bet this coupe would be welcome at almost any show.. track..or event . 8)

Schnitzer, I think, did make the most Hp for the CS in those early years. Have fun with a motor swap & suspension etc., (or not) and run it.

Could a road going Schnitzer CSL Batmobile be the one of the rarest CS of them all? And then, how many Koepchen(sp?), and GS Tunings coupes were made and still exist? :roll:

As they said:
"...... this is a car with full nostalgia potential, but also one with enormous high performance and fun potential."

Someone save it from the crusher! :lol:

-s

chicane

Reaction score
shanon said:
............unique looking? absolutely. Not for everyone.

But as Barry said, with some well chosen fresh lipstick, and I'd bet this coupe would be welcome at almost any show.. track..or event . 8)
-s

If that is the original color and paint scheme you DO NOT want to re-paint it a different color no matter how ugly.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
chicane said:
If that is the original color and paint scheme you DO NOT want to re-paint it a different color no matter how ugly.

a) its not.

b) (truthfully?) livery honestly doesn't matter the same way provenance does, at least not in the creme de la creme exhibition/"race"events

chicane

Reaction score
dp said:
chicane said:

b) (truthfully?) livery honestly doesn't matter the same way provenance does, at least not in the creme de la creme exhibition/"race"events

I beg to differ. If it has significant race history in a particular livery, that is how you are going to attain maximum value for the car.