1972 CSL 2275030

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just love this car and I have been trying to find a home for it for a long time. I happen to love Golf Yellow, but I just couldn't get my buyers to share the love. Every one of them ended up with a Polaris CSL. I would take Golf over Polaris any day. This car is really a rare find.
I'd be happy to trade my Golf Bavaria for it......let's see.....I'll even through in a 12 pack of your favorite Pilsner! :p

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Roger, i would be happy to give you much bigger offer ... with sufficient numbers before the decimal ... i just know that they wouldn't be the 6 numerals that you would want to see or just in the wrong order (zeroes in the wrong place).

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
More pics of that beautiful car! Especially engine and interior!

If that '72 CSA w/self-made floor pans, etc can get $135k, this beauty is at least $.25M!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
More pics of that beautiful car! Especially engine and interior!

If that '72 CSA w/self-made floor pans, etc can get $135k, this beauty is at least $.25M!

Well, Roger listed the sale price in the last two ads so you can do the math and apply the market spike if you are curious. :D I would imagine that he would have listed the price if he wanted the peanut gallery to know what he was thinking. We are supposed to list prices but I think that discretion is warranted for items that 90% of the forum have not intention of buying.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well...I was just commenting on how much I think it's worth at the very least. WHat he's asking, sure, no need to ask him directly since I'm no way in the market (unless I win a Mega Millions).

RogerB

Reaction score
If it sells it sells! Otherwise it can set here appreciating as it has in the past. I am just giving forum members a chance to enjoy it.

My son says it could pay for my twelve year-old granddaughter's education someday if it ends up going to him. RB

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
In six years, I'm afraid education will be so high, even a mint CLS like your's may not be enough!

RogerB

Reaction score
Looks as if all interest has faded? Thanks for your inquiries! Back to watching the value rise. };>)

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
We're all interested, but not many folks here have that kind of coin to spend on a collector car and/or a very understanding wife.

Last edited:

giannicsl

Reaction score
..la tua csL è un gran bel mezzo
troverà di sicuro un 'acquirente...
non credo un 'appassionato,ma ahimè un commerciante che la rivenderà e chissà dove
anno venduto
una prima serie a carburatori a 450 mila euro quì in Italia

RonP

Reaction score
I will help with translation for Gianni:

.. your csL is a great way
will surely find a buyer ...
I do not think a passionate, but unfortunately a merchant who will sell it and who knows where
year sold
a first series of carburetors at 450 thousand euros here in Italy

giannicsl

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "RonP, post: 212883, membro: 928"] Aiuterò con la traduzione per Gianni:

.. il tuo csL è un ottimo modo
troverà sicuramente un acquirente ...
Non penso un appassionato, ma sfortunatamente un commerciante che lo venderà e chissà dove
Anni
una prima serie di carburatori a 450 mila euro qui in Italia [/ QUOTE]
grazie Ronp

RogerB

Reaction score
My early fuel injected car can be bought for much less than that in the event you know of an interested party over there
[QUOTE = "RonP, post: 212883, membro: 928"] Aiuterò con la traduzione per Gianni:

.. il tuo csL è un ottimo modo
troverà sicuramente un acquirente ...
Non penso un appassionato, ma sfortunatamente un commerciante che lo venderà e chissà dove
Anni
una prima serie di carburatori a 450 mila euro qui in Italia [/ QUOTE]
grazie Ronp

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Roger- Wayne Carini wants to know 2 things- Just how old ARE you? and- Your wife's phone #.

Me thinks it's time for you to try on a Z8.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
450 thousand euros... must have been a very exceptional case... ? perhaps a famous owner in the past ? As i see Mobil.de , which is a good reference for "asking" prices in Europe , 200...250 for a very low mileage CSL.
More used 150...180.

RogerB

Reaction score
Roger- Wayne Carini wants to know 2 things- Just how old ARE you? and- Your wife's phone #.

Me thinks it's time for you to try on a Z8.

Old enough to not answer stupid questions and follow stupid suggestions. };>)

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It could be yours! PM if interested. Not cheap!View attachment 38370
I am very pleased to report that Roger's beautiful Golf CSL is coming to live with me in Austin :D The CSL will be the centerpiece of a small (but apparently growing!) collection of E9 coupes owned by myself and a good friend here in Texas.

Roger has been the consummate gentleman throughout our negotiations and I can't wait to get behind the wheel!

Cheers!
Dan