1973 3.0 CS 3.5L 5 SPEED FOR SALE on Bring a Trailer

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
180 hp at rear wheels depending on the dyno.... There is no tuning or dialing in a Motronic 1.3 engine without changing the chip.
You change the chip and that changes fuel octane for timing and fuel ratios for load levels and throttle enhancement.
Forget mileage and smog tests. With the chip you should see 190hp.
The best answer is a shrick cam and Megasquirt. Now you have 205 at rear wheels.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
73Polaris,

Welcome, and once again, congrats on owning a nice e9.

I don't know what you are looking for from the car with regard to acceleration, but if you decide you'd like quicker to 60 etc. at the 'cost' of higher rpm's for the engine at cruising speed, I have a perfect 3.64 differential. IF yours is currently a 3.25, or even a 3.45, this would be an upgrade. It was quiet while it was installed, and had small leaks at the output shaft. I put new seals on both shafts and new oil in it, so it is ready to go - just needs to get to the west coast!! It is an open diff, not a LS.

Pictures could be available, but not until after 10/16. Let me know after that date if you'd like pix (via a conversation, and preferably with your direct email address, so I can send the pix as attachments.

Gary

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
HP isn’t everything...
Drivability is.
But never buy a fake chip.

@sfdon What do you think of these CHIPs?

Also, what do you think of these (chip/MAF)?

Man, getting way OT here.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
73Polaris,

Welcome, and once again, congrats on owning a nice e9.

I don't know what you are looking for from the car with regard to acceleration, but if you decide you'd like quicker to 60 etc. at the 'cost' of higher rpm's for the engine at cruising speed, I have a perfect 3.64 differential. IF yours is currently a 3.25, or even a 3.45, this would be an upgrade. It was quiet while it was installed, and had small leaks at the output shaft. I put new seals on both shafts and new oil in it, so it is ready to go - just needs to get to the west coast!! It is an open diff, not a LS.

Pictures could be available, but not until after 10/16. Let me know after that date if you'd like pix (via a conversation, and preferably with your direct email address, so I can send the pix as attachments.

Gary
All US/NA market 3.0 coupes have the 3.64.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I consider Mark a friend.
That's all I have to say.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Rob, I'm thrilled with the purchase. No plans yet, I need to take possession and drive it a few times before making any decisions. Although as others have noted, the ride height seems a little high (yet Charles measured it and the height is identical to the factory specs). I love the stock wheels, and will be keeping them. But I can also envision a set of CoupeKing Alpina style 16 inch wheels and some Carl Nelson springs as a potential mod.

Larry -- congratulations on a very nice car, nicely bought. I'm glad you found your way here. Please keep us up to date on your new car. If you think you are in love with it now, wait until you live with it for a while. The experience is just great.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My 3.45 diff does 77 at 3000 rpm so you might have a 3.45 but the difference between the two is only 5%. 77x0.05=4 so maybe 73 with a 3.64. Use the Waze App to get your true speed.

And you diff is stamped on the passenger side with the ratio, just clean off the dirt and oil!