1973 3.0CS Nachtblau Alpina Bonhams

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
On the block Friday at Quail Lodge Auction. 4310004 Bumper shock hole still visible in pics? Realoem it comes up as 11/73

Registry lists as a 74 and says, "Seen in old CS Register mailing list? The fourth US 4 speed, an early big bumper coupe."

1565731869322.png

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
in 1986 it was in Massachussets undergoing a restoration according to the old CS Register newsletter, no mention of any Alpina parts

Last edited:

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone can buy Alpina bits but this US coupe was never in Buchloe.
I went to Buchloe in 1983 with the BMWCCA. I bought an Alpina wood shift knob that's now on my '72 2002. I also bought their blue/green racing jacket. I guess I can now call my 2002 an Alpina....

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
anyone know how much this sold for?

Don’t see it anywhere. This listing was amended, but I’m not sure what all they changed. Trying to navigate the crusty houses’ archaic, cluttered, and opaque websites is a joke. I saw a number of listings that were simply wrong or what appeared to just be re-written copy from something on the web or from a previous auction—perhaps that’s because I’m not looking at the super whale cars. The RM Sotheby sh@t show on the Ferdinand P-Car was the nail in the coffin for me that the big houses offer little value (for their add’l 2%) other than having a traditional gathering for car people at large events. I don’t think auctions trying to mimic country club guest-night events is going to attract the next generation of buyers. Most of my friends in 40s & early 50s have given up CC memberships or only have them for business. Or, I’m totally wrong.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score

NMNA
Going on the block in 2 weeks. Nice color. Alpina dual webers set up. Early 74 VIN 4310004. No recent registry info.
Estimate is $80 to $100K. Will be interesting to watch.
But Missing firewall top weatherstrip, big bumper holes are still visible in the front. I assume they're still under the rear bumper as well.
Ill be surprised if it goes north of $80K

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like the rear window was left in for the respray!
Looks like the rear window was left in for the respray!
Really! $80-100K. Really. Even I can see a peeling state inspection sticker, not great taillight chrome and belt. Three sets of speakers, doors, kick pads and rear parcel shelf, all replacing the speaker grill with two gauges. Alpina bits and only 215 hp. Crappy radio to power the six additional speakers.

I can't wait for Markos and the possee to tune in.

Steve

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They sure dropped that estimate a bunch in a few months. It was unrealistic for the Quail auction. It is no reserve so we'll see what happens in the desert.

Last edited: