1973 3.0cs sunroof, 4-speed, no rust calif car needs paint $7,800

execmalibu

Reaction score
1973 3.0cs sunroof, 4-speed, no rust calif car needs paint.

1973 3.0CS SUNROOF, 4 SPEED RUST FREE ORIGINAL CALIF CAR.... DARK METALLIC BLUE WITH TAN INTERIOR SITTING FOR 20+ YEARS IN A GARAGE.

THIS IS THE ONE GUYS! YOU DO NOT FIND E9s LIKE THIS CAR... TOTALLY RUST FREE CALIF CAR IN A GREAT COLOR COMBO WITH BOTH A SUNROOF AND A 4 SPEED PLUS FACTORY AIR! CAR RUNS/DRIVES BUT NEEDS FULL RESTORATION INCLUDING PAINT,RUBBER, INTERIOR AND FULL MECH SERVICE ETC. EXTRA SEATS AND OTHER MISC PARTS INCLUDED...

WOW ALREADY HAD 6 EMAILS!

SOLD!!
[email protected]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 431
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 370
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 350
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 370
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, That was Quick. Must move at light speed next time.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Man I wished I'd bought this... Exec, please cough up another one.

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Correct. Now resides in the Seattle area and restoration has begun with the purchase of a very rusty parts car that will donate correct seats, recovered many years ago but still presentable. The parts car also includes a factory rebuilt engine with receipts, done approx. 25K miles ago and most trim in better condition than came on the nachtblau car (which wasn't bad). I'll put the parts car on the registry although, sadly, it will go to the crusher. Only the hood and trunk lid are worth saving.

The best surprise was putting the nachtblau car on my lift and finding the underside still covered with the factory rubberized coating and zero rust, even around the floor plugs. I've gone over every panel with an ice pick and so far I found one perforation hole about 2mm in diameter on the lower right front fender. Interestingly, it appears that that fender was replaced at some point, hence the filler along the passenger side inner fender join visible in the engine bay shot. My big fear when looking at the photos was that the filler was covering a rust repair so I was happy to discover the fender replacement instead. Evidence indicates that the fender replacement was the cause of the pinhole. That will all be addressed in the restoration. I'm fully expecting that we will find more rust once the body is prepped but I'm hopeful it will be relatively easy to address.

The car will receive a bare metal repaint in the original color as well as 16" Alpina wheels, CNPR springs and misc. mechanical repairs. It's been about fifteen years since I've done a complete restoration so I'm really looking forward to this one. One final word, I have a line on an '88 M5 that was totaled but is complete. Must resist that temptation as I've done an M2 (the one that Alvin recently bought) so I think that box has been checked.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Billl.....come on, don't rub my nose in it!

Post some photos as you go. Sounds like it is off to a great start.

execmalibu

Reaction score
BimBill took advantage of my Kind and Trusting Nature and He Stole a Great E9!

I am convinced that Bill must have slipped something into my Cool-ade! Because only an IDIOTIC MORON sells a straight and totally rust free 1973 E9 that was originally a Stick with a Sunroof... Plus the car is the greatest color combo for any car Nauctblau with tan interior...

After the stuff Bill slipped me wore off and the car was already in Seattle then I finally realized what I had done!

My mother told me never to take candy from strangers...

Bill dont you feel guilty?:mrgreen:

Last edited:

pamp

Reaction score
But...

Jeez...Jeff...you sold the car when I was asleep! Nice to have it in the neighborhood though...Canada bucks...worth more these days...you could have had a windfall!

Last edited: