Seems to me the banks should be able to find out who owns the account the money went to .......?So pleased to serve the other "rookies". I've purchased several vehicles from the internet and must have been "dumb-lucky" in the past.
Here we are today.
- CarDealFinder.com, located vehicle, contacted the seller,
- 03/04/20, Paul Hampton. Seller
- 03/05/20 Paul H. emails the car was delivered to customer in Miami for COD, couldn't pay.
- 03/14/20 Paul H. emails and price set. Includes escrow/shipping agent company, Starx-shipping LLC. States they will send the details on how-to set up the escrow account and the process involved in the sale.
- 03/17/20 Paul H. Price finalized.
- 03/17/20 Paul H. Requests to be notified when account is set up with Starx.
- 03/18/20 Paul H. Asks if Starx has sent the paperwork to set up account.
- 03/18/20 Starx-shipping sends contract. It states that there is a 7 day inspection period once vehicle is delivered to accept or reject the car. Should the vehicle not meet expectations upon notification Starx will refund the full amount within 48 hrs of return of the vehicle.
- 03/18/20 account is established, money transfer executed by WFB to BA.
- 03/18/20 Receipt of wire transfer and copy of shipping order with proper address, Tracking number matching on both documents.
- 03/19/20 Paul H. Sends acknowledgement of payment in account, thanks me for notifying him.
- 03/19/20 information that from Starx that the account has to be in for a couple days before shipping can begin.
- 03/25/20 states payment in place and shipping should begin soon.
- 03/26/20 Starx says the virus has caused delays. They would keep me updated. (no, they haven't).
- 04/10/20 I asked Starx, What's the hold up? It's been more than a month. I need tangible evidence that there is an actual vehicle in your possession. If it is, is it in route? Where is it now? When will it arrive in Lakeway, TX.
- Visited bank just last Friday, spoke to banker that handled the transfer she didn't have much to offer.