1973 bmw 3.0 cs for sale

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, I dare say that as a group we are "information junkies". Any car presented properly with lots of details and a fair price will more than likely sell quickly to one of us. From a parts-car to a fully restored CSL so please help us to help you. I know a number of people looking and the salvage title is not (necessarily) a problem though we would like to know the details.

Thanks!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Salient Point

Just received an official Vehicle Registration Certificate from the State of Washington. Previous owner's incidentals are on this document. Dated 10/23/2003. VIN # 2240572. This car was registered on the CS Registry site on 4/30/14. Very recent. What's my next step? Contact DMV in Washington? Contact previous owner? Contact Police Department? Run like hell?

Part 2: Did he ever register it in CA? He said he was going to. That would make the whole transaction safer. Car looks pretty good in pictures. Definitely an American delivery 73 CS. Downward dog dagmars, redundant license plate lights but what LOOKS to BE CLOTH INTERIOR. Right tail light gone and HVAC controls missing.

Last edited:

gsshack

Reaction score
OP says he has a CA salvage title, so apparently he has titled it in CA. The rear seat photo seems to show leather. Now he just needs to bring it to the USA.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There are some easy crossings up in Tecate. I always go right before closing hour so they don't ask so many questions......

mario1017

Reaction score
I have had a California title car with a salvage history and this is what I found on the subject after lots of searching. There are two different types of salvage titles in CA. In order to get a title, you must inspect the car in CA. The other type of salvage title is one that you cannot get a tittle to "gone forever"
You can recover a title with a title service legally, but not a gone forever car.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bottom line-
Seller say title is clean and salvage at same time...
We are done.
California title located in another country....
Fail.
No description of what caused the Salvage Title....
Major fail.
No pics of the fenders...
Oh whoops..
"for sale trade or best offer needs work"...
On a classified site mixing Barter, Auction and Sale
Prohibited disaster.
8 word ad on a free site...
Epic fail.
Asking market price on salvage car....

A salvaged, reconstructed or otherwise "clouded" title has a permanent negative effect on the value of a vehicle. The industry rule of thumb is to deduct 20% to 40% of the Blue Book value.

Not listing mileage...

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Bottom line-
Seller say title is clean and salvage at same time...
We are done.
California title located in another country....
Fail.
No description of what caused the Salvage Title....
Major fail.
No pics of the fenders...
Oh whoops..
"for sale trade or best offer needs work"...
On a classified site mixing Barter, Auction and Sale
Prohibited disaster.
8 word ad on a free site...
Epic fail.
Asking market price on salvage car....

A salvaged, reconstructed or otherwise "clouded" title has a permanent negative effect on the value of a vehicle. The industry rule of thumb is to deduct 20% to 40% of the Blue Book value.

Not listing mileage...

A very big +1