1973 BMW 3.0Cs 4 speed (NMNA)

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The chances of someone doing a "full restoration" as the hopeful owner says in this market or really any market; is slim to none. I hate seeing coupes in that condition because at some point, somebody could have saved it.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It looks like the plastic was put on just for the sake of the pictures, as if to say "taken care of".

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The chances of someone doing a "full restoration" as the hopeful owner says in this market or really any market; is slim to none. I hate seeing coupes in that condition because at some point, somebody could have saved it.
this year E9 price dropped and not many people can restore it and professionals are to busy, that will be good to part it and with all of the good parts in there can be saved many nice soups, don't you think so.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
this year E9 price dropped and not many people can restore it and professionals are to busy, that will be good to part it and with all of the good parts in there can be saved many nice soups, don't you think so.

That's a great idea. We could add some wood veneer chips in the next time my wife makes her famous stew. :)

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's kind of what I was saying, maybe some parts can be saved, but a full resto, that's not going to happen. I was referencing what the owner said in the ad. He was thinking a full resto was in the cards, highly doubtful as it is not a special coupe. Only way something like that is getting a full resto to me, would be a CSL, that's it. Or a rare race car with history, even then???

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve never been one to turn my nose up at rising e9 values. It ebbs and flows right? The market is softening even faster than people care to admit. IMO, this is what an optimistic $20K high water looks like right now. That figure is with the knowledge of extensive rust that lurks just under the surface.
19824520-1B64-44F5-8103-13C3F6ADB8BC.jpeg

The car above is much closer to the CSI that I parted. Yes it would have been possible for the most experienced shops in the world to restore it, but would it have been worth it? (hint: NO)

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If we could get reproduction fenders and quarters for our e9s, restoration is more possible, especially when good restored cars still can get six figures.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’ve never been one to turn my nose up at rising e9 values. It ebbs and flows right? The market is softening even faster than people care to admit. IMO, this is what an optimistic $20K high water looks like right now. That figure is with the knowledge of extensive rust that lurks just under the surface.
View attachment 158157

The car above is much closer to the CSI that I parted. Yes it would have been possible for the most experienced shops in the world to restore it, but would it have been worth it? (hint: NO)
Hello, but I have 2 E9 that each one I am in it more than a 80K but they are not perfect like Chris had that sold in BAT for 146K I did what I could but the thing is every part I could fined it is new except the part that didn't need to change like speedometer or wiring harness, I got the parts year ago but now it is not easy to fined, how ever if now I can get 75K in BAT I will be happy camper or my Malaga one I am in it 90K and I got M3 engine on it if I can get 80K I will call it a good deal, since I see the today price that is not like 6 mounts ago and I have to except it, in 2005 I sold the Ford Cobra 20K but in year 2000 I could sale it for 50, always Classic car price is up and down it never stay same, sum people think it gets older price will go up but it not like that it could go down and you don't know when.