1973 BMW 3.0CS 5-Speed

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Update: buyer is a good guy. He was finally able to get a coast to coast enclosed transport, so, the car is gone. Because I believe he paid a fair price my garage is clear of all e9 parts except for a few odds and ends.
I had thought BAT would have been more involved in ensuring the deal completed. But, they pretty much just collect the fee and give you the contact information for the buyer. What a great gig they have created!
Based on how well the cars are represented on the site I am sure there is a low percentage of deals that fall through. This would be the only reason BAT would have to get involved after collection of the buyers fee.
Over all, had a great buyer and a good experience on the site.
I really believe the professional photography and video helped push the sale to the high 30's. I would recommend that for anyone selling on BAT. (thanks Markos!-i showed him the pictures I took and he was not impressed)
Hopefully I will make it back to an e9 one day! Thanks for all the help.

73Polaris

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I really believe the professional photography and video helped push the sale to the high 30's. I would recommend that for anyone selling on BAT. (thanks Markos!-i showed him the pictures I took and he was not impressed)

Would you let me know how much you paid for the professional photography and video? I know a young photographer and he is thinking of getting into the car photography business as a service for BaT sellers in the Bay Area. He's not sure how to charge for the work, flat fee vs hourly an would love to get some data points.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would you let me know how much you paid for the professional photography and video? I know a young photographer and he is thinking of getting into the car photography business as a service for BaT sellers in the Bay Area. He's not sure how to charge for the work, flat fee vs hourly an would love to get some data points.
When I was drag racing on the public roads and the dragstrip we would often leave our cars in a dark grey or black primer. I remember it as similar to your scruffed paint. Cool!

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
I loved the look of that car! Already miss it
In our area and reputable photographer is $4-500

I hired a kid(20 years old) that has been in to photography and cars for years. Saw a couple of his videos on you tube.
Paid him $200 and told him if the car hit a certain $$$ mark I would another $100. Hit that mark and then some.
He was happy at $300 and I was happy with the quality of his work.
Have your guy check out my BAT and provide him feedback on your expectations
Offer him/her the same type of deal to help build the portfolio. That is how I would approach it.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the kudos @gdub0717! It is great to see friends put the effort into a sale. Too often we see cash left on the table due to minor issues that are easily rectified. You worked at your sale and took extra steps that others may have skipped. Filling your side marker holes and the photography are great examples. Your car proved to be very popular and it was cool to see all of the secret bidders come out of the woodwork in the final hour.