1973 BMW 3.0CS on the way to Russia

Roadrunner

Reaction score
Love the night shots - mysterious and shows off the color. All those beautiful buildings fade into the background. I have never seen what appears to be a piece of chrome protecting the paint around the driver's door lock.

I assume it was on the car when you purchased it. Anyone else on the board know about this "option"?

Thanks! Right, that piece of trim was on the car and it seems to be a kind of aftermarket protector.

Roadrunner

Reaction score
Extra pictures from Monte Carlo, January 3-4, 2015.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 202

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The chrome door piece is the "heavy drinker option". installed at the dealership as a courtesy when the owner purchased more than 3 cars per year after totaling two. :)

Roadrunner

Reaction score
France/Italy border and some Czech Republic...

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 219
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 213

Roadrunner

Reaction score
Carlsbad, CZ and Lake Como, Italy.

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 180

rb1971

Reaction score
I go on vacation for 2 whole weeks and miss all these gorgeous pics!

Looks like you had a ton of fun. I'd love to drive through Europe in my car. I wonder how hard that would be to arrange...

Roadrunner

Reaction score
I go on vacation for 2 whole weeks and miss all these gorgeous pics!

Looks like you had a ton of fun. I'd love to drive through Europe in my car. I wonder how hard that would be to arrange...

Yes, it was a great fun - was lucky to have good weather, thumbs up and positive comments for the car everywhere, people with cameras chasing us etc. The most unpleasant thing was the European gas price (up to 4 times more expensive than in Russia(and thus in USA as we have very similar prices for petrol in our countries)). Parking tariffs and highway tolls are high as well but since you're from Bay Area and use SF city parkings you'll not be surprised.

As to driving your CS through Europe, you should want very-very much to make it happen ;) I am keen on American classics and shipped the cars from US to Europe a number of times and can say that it takes about a month to deliver the car from Californian port to either Germany or Holland by sea(costs about $1000 in a 40' container plus port fees - approx.EU350).

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's about the journey, not the destination

Living in New England, my idea of a perfect vacation was to buy a coupe in CA and take my time driving it back here (a la Stan). Looks like you had a great time creating some terrific memories. Great stuff, good luck with your coupe and thanks for sharing!

mario1017

Reaction score
fantastic photos welcome to the group
keep it up!!
we may have to send a coupe ambassador to Moskow, Stan you up?

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I missed this thread, what a trip! Glad You could do 3.000 kms without problems. Ciao from Bologna.

Roadrunner

Reaction score
I missed this thread, what a trip! Glad You could do 3.000 kms without problems. Ciao from Bologna.

Lorenzo,

special thanks to Modena-Maranello-Bologna region - got lost a number of times there, but it was a great fun! And respect for Ferraris and Lamborghinis - they are truly great!

Roadrunner

Reaction score
fantastic photos welcome to the group
keep it up!!
we may have to send a coupe ambassador to Moskow, Stan you up?

Thanks! Will do.
Is that your VW bus in the avatar? Here's my 1965 T1 (white/lime green) under restoration/slight modification.

Attachments

• buses.jpg
    buses.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 168

Roadrunner

Reaction score
Living in New England, my idea of a perfect vacation was to buy a coupe in CA and take my time driving it back here (a la Stan). Looks like you had a great time creating some terrific memories. Great stuff, good luck with your coupe and thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Yes, 'terrific' is the right word :wink: