1973 BMW 3.0CS Project on BAT Auto blue

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks pretty good!

I wouldn't take off the front fenders, but would cut out the lowers with some patch panels.

Lots of body shops can't seem to replicate the factory spot welds/seams on the tops of the fenders. Of course, sometimes, you have no choice and must remove them. Don't think you need to for this one.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Colorado is in my short list. I’m sure a trans swap goes over better than a color change. Hmmm...

Who am I kidding I can’t bring myself to swapping project cars. So many opportunities...

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Strange purchase; IMO totally worth it as a daily driver but it's on the cusp of being a mess so the new owner really should re-do the entire thing. That being said, if it's to be re-done it will cost quite a bit so the bits that bring it from a 10K car to a 21Kcar won't be worth much, again, it could be a driving restoration and a lot of fun so I don't think it was over-purchased and yes, it is Colorado!

Did I read correctly that it was a reverse modification and someone went from a 4-speed to an auto trans?...

In the immortal words of Jim Morrison; People are Strange :)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
SOLD FOR $21,500 ON 5/13/19
At $7,000 in the morning. Sold for $21,500 in the afternoon.
Strange purchase; IMO totally worth it as a daily driver but it's on the cusp of being a mess so the new owner really should re-do the entire thing. That being said, if it's to be re-done it will cost quite a bit so the bits that bring it from a 10K car to a 21Kcar won't be worth much, again, it could be a driving restoration and a lot of fun so I don't think it was over-purchased and yes, it is Colorado!

Did I read correctly that it was a reverse modification and someone went from a 4-speed to an auto trans?...

In the immortal words of Jim Morrison; People are Strange :)
Jim knows.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Bad flashback. Once made a crack about autos, and, of course, the guy was an amputee. Still makes me shudder with shame. It is now on my list with asking if someone’s pregnant.

That’s ALMOST as bad as trying to high five a blind guy