loloe13

Reaction score
I think you are right there Chris.
I looked into RealOEM and found this part number : 32321104229

Will continue my search for that original Pebra BMW Key

alanmcg

Reaction score
i say again

you CAN get the original pebra key, with bmw logo, by supplying the dealer with your orig key number or ignition number.

RogerB

Reaction score
My car came (to me) with one key with a black plastic head and the words "Silca Italy" on it. This key operates all of my locks and ignition perfectly. I have in the past owned about ten 3.0 coupes with PEBRA keys and other brands although I don't recall one of them having "BMW" on it, but very well could have. I have ordered five keys at about $6 each and don't expect them to have the word PEBRA on them but still operate my locks and ignition when properly machined. What would be the advantage of paying the dealer more than my purchase price of these keys just to have Pebra or BMW on the key?!!?!?!

RogerB

Reaction score
Received my keys in the mail this morning. They are exactly like the one I mentioned above. Anyone had any good experience with a locksmith in the Atlanta area cutting these?

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Roger, where did you have the keys made?
Edit: just saw your post w that info. Can you post a pic of both sides? Thanks.

RogerB

Reaction score
Roger, where did you have the keys made?
Edit: just saw your post w that info. Can you post a pic of both sides? Thanks.

I haven't haven't had them cut yet. I ordered blanks from: http://www.keytrader.co.uk/Vehicle-Keys/Car-Keys/PEBRA/PB1P-Key-Blank.html (so there is nothing to show!?!? I am looking for a place to have them cut locally. Since some locksmiths reportedly can reproduce the keys from a printed copy, I do not believe it would be prudent to show them on here anyway?!!? RB

RogerB

Reaction score

Attachments

• MVC-045S.JPG
    MVC-045S.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 184

RogerB

Reaction score
Call ACM Locksmiths in Duluth. I think near Gwinett Mall.

I just called AMC, and they can cut them for -------ONLY------$100 EACH!!!!!
The reason given was the "labor required". The process appears to be very similar to regular key cutting machines?!!??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h50EGwtxB44

Still looking for a reasonable locksmith in the Atlanta area that can cut my blanks.

RogerB

Reaction score
Still looking for a locksmith capable of cutting my blanks. I went by the BMW dealer in Athens yesterday, and I was quoted a price of "about $49". They would come from PA, would not use my blanks, and I would be required to show my driver's licence and registration. I can go to any local hardware store or Lowe's and have all the keys I want copied for my 64 Impala SS convertible for around $1 each and with no hassle! Just doesn't make sense to me even considering dimple keys require a slighty different process.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Call all of the local locksmiths and ask which ones can cut dimple keys, someone must do it. We have a local place in Newport that has the right tools to do it.

jjs2800cs

Reaction score
Keys Made Via Mail

I was down to one key for our 2800CS. After reading several of these posts, I elected to make a photo copy of the key (as earlier outlined) and last week sent it to

Santa Monica Lock & Safe Co.
2208 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Call: (310) 450-5101
Fax: (310) 450-9563

Three days later for $35.00 plus postage I had a new key that works perfect. Not a BMW blank, but it works. Also if you have the original key (as I did) with the number on it, they do not even need the photo copy.

I have no interest in the company, but want to pass on a possible source for spare keys.

Thanks,

jjs2800cs

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
For those of you who bought the keys from the dealer, does it like the one below with the BMW roundel and "PEBRA" on the other side?

Last edited:

loloe13

Reaction score
I just received 3x blank keys from Walloth + Nesch and they are exactly like yours, with rubber cover with a BMW logo and 'Pebra'.

I also found a local Locksmith here who says they could do 'dimple' keys but like to charge about 20aus each.