1973 CSL Well Bought

kfrito789

Reaction score
Looking through my February Sports Car Market. At the Coys Auction in Italy, a CSL, Vin # 2285436, sold for $38,864.00. The writer states: "I'm not sure why you'd bring one to Italy to sell, but someone seems to have gotten a bargain on a nice car. Well bought"

acat2002

Reaction score
"I'm not sure why you'd bring one to Italy to sell, but someone seems to have gotten a bargain on a nice car. Well bought"

I've heard it is ridiculously difficult to export to and from Italy. Corrupt customs agents and terrible beaurocratic system. Could cost much more to successfully export this car, which may have factored into the price. Also, what was the buyer's premium to the auction house?
either way, sounds like Italy is NOT the place to sell a car if you want a global audience.

kfrito789

Reaction score
According to the sale reveiw, Coy's has a 15% buyer's premium up to 75k and the buyer's premium IS included in the sale price of $38,864.00

66toaster

Reaction score
Price paid

According to the sale reveiw, Coy's has a 15% buyer's premium up to 75k and the buyer's premium IS included in the sale price of $38,864.00

Ok, I meant "buyer's" commission. But in the end, when you break it down, it sold for the lower figure, (which is what the p.o. got) but the new buyer handed over a check to the auction house for $38,864, right?