JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Isn't free speech guaranteed by the constitution?
Moderators: sorry for the overtly political shift. Please delete if it’s over the line

Doesn’t free speech include blatant lying (seller) and disrespectful speech (some of our responses to the seller’s claims, including mine)? And doesn’t it also mean we have the right to criticize what we don’t like without being immediately shut down by those who take offense?

As a ethnic minority and son of an immigrant I am a proponent of (1) free speech and (2) having “‘thick’ skin
(2a) increases the likelihood people who have constructive criticisms will voice them. I learn more when I make mistakes than when I get it right.

(2b) thick skin increases the chances of actually listening to and comprehending constructive criticism, which leads to self-improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can’t keep up with all the auction sites. I think even Dollar General has online collector car auctions now. I was already familiar with this one from an E28 sale that didn’t sell and later sold on BaT. I can’t imagine any if the other sites giving the exposure BaT does (at least at the current time) and especially after a failed BaT listing realizing a higher number.

It appears to be another attempt to pass this off onto a low-information buyer, fortunately as @OCCoupe said, the internet has a long memory. I can't find the FB ads anymore so apparantly that didn't work either.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Moderators: sorry for the overtly political shift. Please delete if it’s over the line

Doesn’t free speech include blatant lying (seller) and disrespectful speech (some of our responses to the seller’s claims, including mine)? And doesn’t it also mean we have the right to criticize what we don’t like without being immediately shut down by those who take offense?

As a ethnic minority and son of an immigrant I am a proponent of (1) free speech and (2) having “‘thick’ skin
(2a) increases the likelihood people who have constructive criticisms will voice them. I learn more when I make mistakes than when I get it right.

(2b) thick skin increases the chances of actually listening to and comprehending constructive criticism, which leads to self-improvement.

Free speech is great, but this forum isn’t a street corner. Fortunately @dang is the most relaxed admin on the planet and let’s the forum police themselves.

I’m more inclined to moderate, and subsequently (per your recommendation) deleted a thread-locking paragraph from your post. :)

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
I kinda wish he'd keep his peculiar brand of vitriol off of other listings, too. This is on the current CS listing on BaT:

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 5.37.24 PM.png

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Free speech is great, but this forum isn’t a street corner. Fortunately @dang is the most relaxed admin on the planet and let’s the forum police themselves.

I’m more inclined to moderate, and subsequently (per your recommendation) deleted a thread-locking paragraph from your post. :)
You learn more about people if you let them keep talking...

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Did anybody notice that Roman596061 posted a pic of his 73 Bav in the E3 photos section? Looks like a decent ride...from the pictures at least.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Isn't free speech guaranteed by the constitution?
First amendment of Constitution states that “government“ shall pass no law infringing on freedom of speech. It does not protect people who make misstatements or exaggerations from critical comments on BAT or this forum. So yes, seller is free to say whatever he wants, no matter how absurd, but that doesn’t mean he can do so without consequences. Just saying.

Last edited:

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The seller ran out of his own superlatives when describing his car on at least 3 online sites. He joined our forum to get credibility from the members to add to his description.
And he found out it takes more than a hammer removing black stuff from the underside of the car to add value to his offering.
BTW, all of the awards this car received were long before he owned it.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess the collectorchassis auction didn’t work out since it’s listed as coming soon on “shiftgate” (Not related to watergate, deflategate or dieselgate, I don’t think).

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's the ShiftGate link with the infamous black 1973 Coupe soon to be auctioned. The comments should be entertaining.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
He's trying to make things right. Let's give him some positive support and let the market determine the car's fate...