1974 3.0 CS in Cathedral City $17K needs resto

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, you are probably right. From the few photos my bet was that the holes were the result of impact type of neglect, not water or salt. The question is when was the car moved from Europe to the dry CA weather. I was joking of course, the serious question in pursuing the car is mostly how to bring the car back. No plate probably means the car doesn't run, and in any case 7 hours at 110F in a neglected 1972 car? Vultures would be happy.
Right on brotha...hey, we need some more Arde humor around here. After Covid I feel like you toned it back a bit. That's over...bring back the Arde we used to know...LOL...you guys are great!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Right on brotha...hey, we need some more Arde humor around here. After Covid I feel like you toned it back a bit. That's over...bring back the Arde we used to know...LOL...you guys are great!
Well, I took my unrepentant humor to a WhatsApp group as I got bloodied here for breaking rules. I may be back, cause I am getting beaten on the WhatsApp group... The problem is that it is hard to decide when something is political. For example, not that this would happen, but if cocaine was found in the White House, would that be political because it happened in the White House, or just be criminal but not political because a law was broken? Because it is hard I hold back...

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
You can see the tops of the inner fenders are rusted out. The rust on the outside of the left fender lines up with the structure inside the fender. I can’t imagine seams above the fusebox or glovebox would be positive at all. The rear floor pans have no drains so I’m sure this car has had its share of work while it was in Europe before it made its way here in the mid 1980s probably.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I took my unrepentant humor to a WhatsApp group as I got bloodied here for breaking rules. I may be back, cause I am getting beaten on the WhatsApp group... The problem is that it is hard to decide when something is political. For example, not that this would happen, but if cocaine was found in the White House, would that be political because it happened in the White House, or just be criminal but not political because a law was broken? Because it is hard I hold back...
Oh you had me laughing this morning for sure...I had to read what you said to my wife to fully understand. I didn't know WhatsApp had "groups." I just use it mainly for communicating with my Dutch relatives. They love WhatsApp over there, emails, calls, all free. I didn't know they had "platforms." Well, the way I see it, people are just too touchy about anything political these days. To the point of ANYTHING political is off limits. Which is sad.

Comedy is out the window unless you are black and Chris Rock and get the black pass. He's still funny. Love that guy. But anyone else telling those same jokes...."cancelled." It's an interesting time for sure. I say stay true to yourself, have good intentions, life YOUR life, because who knows when WWIII may break out? These may be the "good times." I know I live each day like it is my last because I have lost too many people over the years, many of them at early age. I live for them. Enjoy your family, whatever religion you choose, and your country. We are still very lucky to be living in this country as crazy as it is getting, it could be much worse! - GB

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh you had me laughing this morning for sure...I had to read what you said to my wife to fully understand. I didn't know WhatsApp had "groups." I just use it mainly for communicating with my Dutch relatives. They love WhatsApp over there, emails, calls, all free. I didn't know they had "platforms." Well, the way I see it, people are just too touchy about anything political these days. To the point of ANYTHING political is off limits. Which is sad.

Comedy is out the window unless you are black and Chris Rock and get the black pass. He's still funny. Love that guy. But anyone else telling those same jokes...."cancelled." It's an interesting time for sure. I say stay true to yourself, have good intentions, life YOUR life, because who knows when WWIII may break out? These may be the "good times." I know I live each day like it is my last because I have lost too many people over the years, many of them at early age. I live for them. Enjoy your family, whatever religion you choose, and your country. We are still very lucky to be living in this country as crazy as it is getting, it could be much worse! - GB

Yep, my WhatsApp friends patience is wearing thin. I wore them down faster than this board. A great tribute to the tolerance and patience of this group.

My humor is now centered on China. The China relationship looms large and can affect many people. I come at it from the semiconductor side, but it is larger than that. The US is really focusing and trying to define a balance between cooperation and competition. The strategy lately comes from Yellen and Blinken. When my concern was that Yellen and Blinken were verbs not people, we just send another verb to help with China: Kissinger :).

Oh, well. I think this is called Nominative Determinism, and happens with car people as well.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Okay $17,000 is the price of a core. The current "owner" is clueless. ( Grandpa just passed away???)
Heck, I just spent $15,000 for a core car .

Who is going to spring for this project?

RP

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yep, my WhatsApp friends patience is wearing thin. I wore them down faster than this board. A great tribute to the tolerance and patience of this group.

My humor is now centered on China. The China relationship looms large and can affect many people. I come at it from the semiconductor side, but it is larger than that. The US is really focusing and trying to define a balance between cooperation and competition. The strategy lately comes from Yellen and Blinken. When my concern was that Yellen and Blinken were verbs not people, we just send another verb to help with China: Kissinger :).

Oh, well. I think this is called Nominative Determinism, and happens with car people as well.

I still like the rock! At $17K.....maybe the rock is worth more than the coupe!

Last edited:

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

I used to work for a company called Insulectro. I sold all the raw components for the boards. I saw the whole transition from Orange County being a big supplier of circuit boards to big shops. Then, everything went overseas (other than prototype quick turn/prototype boards).

Sad, it was a huge industry in OC. We need to bring all that back but I feel it is too late. I was scolded on commenting on Yellen with my previous post. Had to delete. But I still have faith we will bring a lot of our manufacturing back....we have to! Keep on rockin!