1974 BMW 3.0CS 4-sp on BAT

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Am I missing the link or has this not been discussed on here yet? I see Chris and tferrer have commented on BAT.

Closing soon...thoughts? Sorry if I missed a post on this but I didn't see it. I feel like I have seen this car before but it doesn't say "Alumni" on BaT.

congrats on the purchase - will be curious to hear your assessment of your new purchase when it arrives. didn't look that closely at the pics in that auction, saw some things i liked a lot but had a few questions that seemed minor, but thought they could be solved

Congratulations!! I just went over the photos and comments. My limited expertise with these cars tells me you got the buy of the decade. All the important bits are covered,
great mods that I made to my coupes. Couldn't be happier for you. Currently driving an Agave, 72 Bavaria with a B35 motor and auto tranny. From Steve Petersen of Bluntech. It was his Mom's C&C wheels. I know how you love the e3s also.

And yes, with those eyes on that beautiful Blue coupe, you are really done.

Steve

Getting it today at this price is a real good deal. Congratulations!
Keeping the Bavaria?
The Bavaria unfortunately was sold a little while ago to a great guy...that was a lot of work to get it to where it was (is). This coupe I hope won't be as much work. I don't see anything immediately that I need to do. But we all know, once they leave the grass at Pebble Beach (speaking figuratively), there is work to be done.

2nd highest on BaT and I believe if timing was a little different it would have held the throne...

@GolfBavaria Agreed that you got a great buy. Great color. I believe it’s the “Bavarian Cream” ad colored coupe. What are your plans for the stripes? I didn’t like them at first, but they’ve grown on me. Seeing it in person will tell the tale I guess. ;)

@GolfBavaria Agreed that you got a great buy. Great color. I believe it’s the “Bavarian Cream” ad colored coupe. What are your plans for the stripes? I didn’t like them at first, but they’ve grown on me. Seeing it in person will tell the tale I guess. ;)
I actually like the stirpes and the splitters....so...staying with it....

The simple stuff to make it even better is:

- New Hella headlights
- New hood foam insulation
- Add missing tools

and at some point fresh leather on front seats.

Looks like it comes with 2 sets of rims/wheels
I also like the stripes and fins.

Congratulations on the purchase. Perhaps this vehicle might make an appearance at Laguna Seca in August?

It took me a minute to realize this vehicle didn't have the front bumper. Just curious.. do you get the bumper as part of the purchase? Would you have it re-installed or do you prefer the look without a front bumper ?

I've been comparing photos of E3's with and without the bumpers..

Congratulations on the purchase. Perhaps this vehicle might make an appearance at Laguna Seca in August?

It took me a minute to realize this vehicle didn't have the front bumper. Just curious.. do you get the bumper as part of the purchase? Would you have it re-installed or do you prefer the look without a front bumper ?

I've been comparing photos of E3's with and without the bumpers..
I like front bumpers, may have to look for one! Also, I knew I should have kept all the Bav tools.....dangit!

Back