1974 BMW 3.0CS 4-sp on BAT

Congrats @GolfBavaria . Well bought and looks to be a solid car. I like the stripes, too!

Regarding earlier comments on price and current market. My question is why the seller would have agreed to such a low reserve for this? Market dynamics aside, any reasonable seller would have expected a minimum $70K price.

@GolfBavaria I'm envious as you can thoroughly enjoy this car daily, knowing any additional repairs or work needed (there will always be some) will result in ROI.

Last edited:
It made it, not a great pic, I will take some better ones later, wanted to get it in garage as a lot of the fires from Oregon and surrounding WA area are blowing this way, super windy today, not good for the poor people around the fire area. I know all too well about that with the two big fires in Santa Rosa, CA. Tubbs fire went up to the doorstep and around my folks house. One of (7) that survived just in their neighborhood of 107 homes total (100 complete losses the others).

It almost looks purple in the pic, must be the haze or something.
IMG_6083.JPG
IMG_6083.JPG

For now I am just going to drive it, see where the weak spots are, hunt for some tools, front bumper brackets, front bumper, etc.

Winter is long here (7-months or so give/take) so I don't want to start on project at the height of the driving season. Once Winter hits, first thing I typically do with the cars is the suspension. Get that dialed in so it handles nicely. So far, poking around just for a little bit it does look really clean and the AC was working pretty good, may need a recharge but I didn't run it long. Got my temp plate and registration today which was perfect timing as it just arrived yesterday. Time to get out and drive it! :p

Was supposed to go on a CCA sponsored drive today, but it got cancelled due to road construction along the route so they decided to meet at the local CD'A C&C. I went late to meet a couple of the CCA guys. It's funny, a lot of people in CD'A have no idea what this car is. Drove amazingly well, considering carbs were adjusted at sea level. We are at 2,260' but didn't seem to affect the Weber's at all.

Happy about that. Fun first drive.

Attachments

• IMG_4410.jpg
    IMG_4410.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4411.jpg
    IMG_4411.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4412.jpg
    IMG_4412.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 43
Back