1974 CS in SoCal

digixjairo

Reaction score
Hi guys, do any of you remember seeing the car at SoCal vintage? I want to make sure the car got fixed properly. Also anybody willing to do a PPI with me?

restart

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 83

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi guys, do any of you remember seeing the car at SoCal vintage? I want to make sure the car got fixed properly. Also anybody willing to do a PPI with me?

Pretty sure Andrew (Adawil) and I saw it and looked good.
There was another one there for $60K

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It does look like a nice car, it also looks like everything is there, except the coolant overflow hose :). Regarding the floor piece, it could be that there was a little rust and someone was being very anal about the repair- I only say that because the seats look re-done and they don't look cheap rears done too! (although I think the pleats are running the wrong way) - not sure-they may have changed that in later cars, anyway if there were "no rust" then it might be worth a look at even at the high price but it would really need a critical PPI at that price since it has new(er) paint. The mirror looks like it came off an early 530i, but again this being the last year I'm not sure. Points come off for the carbs, it would be nice to have FI, but it might be a bargaining point.

Just some thoughts

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The front seats on the '74's do have pleats perpendicular direction of travel (unless you are spinning!), and the bottoms are also about 2" longer than at least some of the previous models (I think '73 and earlier, but not 100% sure of the change date). Gives more thigh support for added comfort if the driver/passengers legs are longer.

Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the bottoms are also about 2" longer than at least some of the previous models (I think '73 and earlier, but not 100% sure of the change date). Gives more thigh support for added comfort if the driver/passengers legs are longer.

Hmm, that's interesting. Didn't know that.