1974 Euro 3.0CSi on Bat again

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score

Now the car is in California and registered in Montana.
The car went to $108K Bat price in Sweden.
Lots of storytelling and pics on the auction site
What is the indicator light(?) in pic # 164?

m5toureg

Reaction score
This car is well known in Sweden and some ,respected insiders’ over here
have put many hours of work into it. Nice result.
I can’t help it - and let me down easy - but somehow, I do NOT like
what is going on here…….

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The seller is too verbose for my taste.
Having headlight wipers once should not increase the value of the car I think.
4-speed? No Carl Nelsons in Sweden?
Nice car!

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
The headlight motors are still in :O

1672997779213.png

Was the additional tank for the washer fluid in every car equipped with headlight washer system or it was depending on model year or version?
1672998034527.png

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alex Cartio... his selling style is quite unique. I recall him selling an E9 some time ago. At that time he was expounding on all types of details that were totally incorrect. Perhaps he's learned a bit more but his style is still slightly nauseating.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This car is well known in Sweden and some ,respected insiders’ over here
have put many hours of work into it. Nice result.
I can’t help it - and let me down easy - but somehow, I do NOT like
what is going on here…….
Hey m5toureg - I read through the comments on the car on BaT, didn't seem to bad to me and read through the comments here. I'm just curious what you mean by "I do NOT like what is going on here?" I must be missing something or not understanding the context...

m5toureg

Reaction score
Hey m5toureg - I read through the comments on the car on BaT, didn't seem to bad to me and read through the comments here. I'm just curious what you mean by "I do NOT like what is going on here?" I must be missing something or not understanding the context...
HI @GolfBavaria - Buying on pure speculation only to sell with a profit = is of course allowed and might
even be someone’s business idea. So far, so good. But, I do NOT need to like it….
i.e. the comment is NOT connected to the level of restoration of this car. Kindly accept my apologies
for any confusion caused.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Lovely car- what will be an issue is the Montana registration for California residents.

Have fun with that.
If it's a CA buyer I would assume they're knowledgeable with MO LLC titles, otherwise it will need to be sold out of CA. Even with a MO title/registration you need to be somewhat worried about driving around on a MO plate.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
If it's a CA buyer I would assume they're knowledgeable with MO LLC titles, otherwise it will need to be sold out of CA. Even with a MO title/registration you need to be somewhat worried about driving around on a MO plate.
I don't think anyone goes to the trouble to register their car in Missouri (MO) when out of state. Rather the go-to state is Montana (MT). :)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The headlight motors are still in :O
Was the additional tank for the washer fluid in every car equipped with headlight washer system or it was depending on model year or version?

I’m not sure. It is a mystery why most cars with HL wipers don’t have the aux tank.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
HI @GolfBavaria - Buying on pure speculation only to sell with a profit = is of course allowed and might
even be someone’s business idea. So far, so good. But, I do NOT need to like it….
i.e. the comment is NOT connected to the level of restoration of this car. Kindly accept my apologies
There is value to importing the car to the US so this guy is doing more than just flipping.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No apology necessary...I just really didn't know what you were referring to. That's all...now I know.

That is is a lot of effort to "flip" a vehicle, my guess is they just felt it would be worth all the trouble to get to a larger demographic that would be interested in the car. It looks like a nice car to me. I know a lot of older BMW's also got gobbled up and taken back to Europe, maybe not so much anymore as it seems like the laws are very restrictive on owning these older vehicles. Each country seems to have different restrictions, as does each state here. Hence, the MT plates in CA. That is a very popular thing to do for smog laws, taxes, etc. MT makes it pretty easy to register in their state, but most people keep them in other states to be able to drive them.

On the flip side, I sold a 2002 that a guy bought and shipped to Germany a few years back, maybe before the more restrictive laws were in place. I'm no expert on that by any means, they seem to change daily almost. To each their own I guess. Hopefully it finds a good home and caretaker here in the states. I'm sure it will.

Last edited:

m5toureg

Reaction score
@GolfBavaria @Ohmess
…..yes, I understand, that’s the way it goes…it is ,money talking’…
…on the flip side of the medal = countries like Sweden are suffering from a
huge loss in high numbers of still affordable, great condition classic
BMWs and ALPINAS - which is a shame -
-
on a side note
> the car is still active in the official Swedish Vehicle Registry

Last edited:

stcos85

Reaction score
Alex Cartio... his selling style is quite unique. I recall him selling an E9 some time ago. At that time he was expounding on all types of details that were totally incorrect. Perhaps he's learned a bit more but his style is still slightly nauseating.
I am not sure your assumption is correct.