1975 BMW 3.0CSi Vin 4340778 Granatrot

Tone

Reaction score
Today I consigned my CSi to a friend‘s dealership in Vancouver, Lotus Vancouver. In Canada if we consign a car we can then use tax credits if we purchase another vehicle.

After 6 years, a lot of fun, and meeting a great group of people, I have decided to sell the car. We are in the process of applying to BAT. The car, while not concours, has had an extensive restoration, with the help of Don Lawrence, Terry Connors and Mike Burger And Carl Nelson. It has been a pleasure to meet and work with all of those individuals. Lotus Vancouver has the car’s history, and a description of the restoration, including before and after pictures/video. I am the third owner and we have all of the car’s history. I have highlighted the car in a variety of pictures on the forum under E9 photos, https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/1975-bmw-csi-granatrot.31758/. If anyone would like any further information please feel free to contact, Arthur at 604-916-6001. Cheers, Tim.

80E975D8-A71B-4DED-88E5-4E9C1CCBA85B.jpeg
C13A8528-19BF-49C4-8BFD-B266F5C490D0.jpeg
4C2DF564-8AB1-4737-9975-B57E4A45C3C3.jpeg

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
First class car and first class seller.
on the parade lap at Laguna Seca for the marquee year of BMW.

enough said.

Tone

Reaction score
DWMBMW, Thank you for the Laguna photos. I had never seen those.

As for price, Arthur and I are having a discussion this morning. I would suggest you reach out to him.

All the best, Tim.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
DWMBMW, Thank you for the Laguna photos. I had never seen those.

As for price, Arthur and I are having a discussion this morning. I would suggest you reach out to him.

All the best, Tim.

Tim,

Do you know if this car was ever registered in the US? If so, is there any paperwork showing that? It just makes it less expensive and easier if the car had been registered at some point in the US.

Thanks,

T

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Tim,

Do you know if this car was ever registered in the US? If so, is there any paperwork showing that? It just makes it less expensive and easier if the car had been registered at some point in the US.

Thanks,

T
I've bought 2 vintage cars from the Vancouver, BC area. A 1963 Studebaker GT Hawk made in Hamilton, Ontario, that had never left Canada, and a 1967 Daimler V8 250 right hand drive, made in GB imported to Canada and never registered in the US. It was a piece of cake to import them. A quick stop at the US side of the border on the way home. An agent checked the VIN against the BC registration. That was it. There was no money involved to import them. My only out of pocket was the money I paid the owner for the car (and the usual sales tax and license when I registered them in Washington State).

It is likely a more involved process for a newish car.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
all i can say is WOW - excellent car, beautiful color. the color other than ceylon that i truly love. i wish i was in the position to buy such a wonderful car. GLWA, it should bring great numbers

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've bought 2 vintage cars from the Vancouver, BC area. A 1963 Studebaker GT Hawk made in Hamilton, Ontario, that had never left Canada, and a 1967 Daimler V8 250 right hand drive, made in GB imported to Canada and never registered in the US. It was a piece of cake to import them. A quick stop at the US side of the border on the way home. An agent checked the VIN against the BC registration. That was it. There was no money involved to import them. My only out of pocket was the money I paid the owner for the car (and the usual sales tax and license when I registered them in Washington State).

CA is more difficult with any car 68 or later regardless of DOT/EPA 25 year waiver from out of country. They want to see the FMVSS and EPA/DOT stickers.

Tone

Reaction score
Franz, the US Airforce pilot who was the 2nd owner, brought the car into the US in 1987. I have all of the import documents.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score

I had to pay duties on a 65 Jag I imported from BC several years ago. It's standard if there are not documents (old reg or title copy) to show the car was registered (and duly taxed) already in the US. Pretty simple, the US wants its tax on every car that comes into the states. This is entirely outside any emissions requirements or issues, per @HB Chris statement.

Thanks, @Tone. Those docs should suffice and let a buyer avoid duties bringing it into the states.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I had to pay duties on a 65 Jag I imported from BC several years ago. It's standard if there are not documents (old reg or title copy) to show the car was registered (and duly taxed) already in the US. Pretty simple, the US wants its tax on every car that comes into the states.
I paid state sales tax when I registered both cars in Washington State. The same amount of tax if I bought them in Washington. I guarantee I paid no fees, taxes, etc. when I brought them across the border. Neither car had ever been registered in the US. I did not use a broker to import these cars. Your experience may vary.

4296121385_1b7b3ffbe1_o.jpg

16688749295_a844d8104d_o (1).jpg

Last edited:

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just a note , BC wants all its cars back. I mean the interesting ones. So Dick, you have some "splainin" to do! ;)
Tone, there will be tons of interest in this fine Coupe. I have already informed a "between Coupe" friend of mine. GLWTS. Mike

Tone

Reaction score
Gone, but not forgotten. My car was purchased by a father and son from Seattle. The car should be there Monday. I hope they enjoy it as much as Graeme and I did. Aside from the fun we had driving, we were introduced to a truly “a great group of people”, associated with the forum. Lots of wonderful memories and times.