1975 E9 3.0CS Fjord Blue for sale in Kansas

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have described the car as accurately as I can. If anyone is interested in actually purchasing this car rather than discrediting it please PM me. I can always take more photos.
lets be clear - nobody is discrediting you directly ... they are just trying to help you get your facts straight ... and some friendly advice. 2800cs / 3.0cs / 3.0csi / 3.0csL / 2.5cs are all e9 coupes - that's the defining portion - e9coupe. remember the 2002tii has a vin plate that says 2002. i think this is true about the CSL, saying 3.0cs.

i get it that nobody wants to hear that their baby might be overpriced or that it isn't what they thought it was, but the sooner you start listening to a few people that have many thousand posts here, and know more about our coupes than many of us will ever know about the e9coupe - such as HBChris, the sooner you might sell your coupe. please understand that there are a few fundamental differences, which aren't the most positive about a 2.5cs - smaller engine, fixed rear windows, etc. i think they were built to have a lesser expensive / entry level coupe model to expand the buyers pool as well as the gas crisis. BMW did that with the e12, they sold the 530i in america, but sold a 520i in other parts of the world as well as larger engines.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well sometimes the smaller engine more spartan version is actually a plus.
I owned a 1976 1502 and I loved it, the Alfa 1.3 Sprint version is very cute and a great option, and my E36 is a very Euro minded 4 cylinder 318.

There are two ways of presenting this car: a) match what the engine is b) match what the original rear badge was.

If a previous owner changed to a 3 liter engine then the change of the badge is understood. If the owner kept a 2.5 motor and changed the badge to 3.0CS that is a gimmick.

Good luck.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bigger is not always better

I have to agree. I wouldn't mind a 2.5 litre engine. I don't have plans to upgrade my 2.8 litre engine in my 2800CS. For the driving I do, it's plenty of power. I do understand the urge to get more ponies under the hood, but really, those years for me are far behind me. But then, my baseline was from driving a VW Bus with a stock 1200 cc 40 HP engine. Uff.

Modern driving requires enough power to merge on an on-ramp, pass easily when needed and not stopping at frequent intervals to fill up. The stock E9 does those things well.

My Dad said his Duesenberg would pass anything on the road but a gas station.
Back then, gas was expensive after the war, about 25 cents a gallon.

Shoot, I sound old....

Ian

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Still refuses to believe that BMW calls this a 2.5CS and not a 3.0CS but at least engine size is listed. And 1734 coupes were built in 1975 but only 475 were 2.5CS.

shanon

Reaction score
Nice E9 base model.

Roll up windows, fixed rear quarters,
Cloth interior...works for me. Nice and light, little drama, cloth very nice for hot summers....

Euro delivery/markings, period radio with CS knobs and a nice rudder...cool bits.

Neat.

Put in a bigger motor if/when ya want, everybody else does/did it to their E9.

Glws

Doug Dolan

Reaction score
VIN 4305587 is definitely a 2.5 CS VIN, although it's incorrectly listed in the Registry as a 3.0 CS -- can this be fixed??

Last edited:

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
This 2.5CS sold for $20k. http://m.ebay.com/itm/131809566002
I think somebody probably got a lot of car for the money. As long as they are not set on the 3.0CS. But the sellers confusion and ill temper about the car model is unfortunate - and maybe caused him to "leave money on the table".

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Trip to Bonnerspring to see the 2.5 CS

Hello E9 lovers, new to the forum . Last month I drove 350 mile to Bonner spring to test drive this car, and another 3.0cs in Wichita Ks on the way . Owner was a very nice British fellow he and I drove the car and got it on highway. I decided not to buy it then since we could not get it on a lift.Next door neighbor that had a lift was out that day. It had lots of undercoating which at times is a turn off.The chrome had some rust on it and needed to be rechromed soon. Interior was ok but modified at places. Dash must have been taken out in the past , or probably a replacement . It had an AC unit the ran the lines from the from to the back and awkwardly placed showing the high and low pressure lines at the bottom of the passenger side wheel well, and vents coming out below the rear glass. I didn't care for that , it was a turn off. The body was nice and straight for most part. It had a good average paint job.All and all it drove pretty good and just needed some tuning up I think. But after I retuned home I decided it wasn't for me. Obviously it didn't turn me on enough to drive back with a trailer.At the time he was asking for 23,500. I say it is worthed for the $20k but the 2.5 size engine was only made for European market so no way of telling how to value it compared to 3.0 CS. I rather pay twice as much and get a nicer 3.0 CS.
I am hoping you folks can help me find the right CS or preferably CSI. :grin: