1976 3.0SI on BaT

CSL177

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Looks honest enough but they clearly cleaned a bunch of surface rust off while leaving just enough pine needles.

From the looks of the brake pedal it's definitely gone 168,000 miles. Or more. We all know how fragile the odo's are..

Sunroof, power windows, A/C and slushbox fine by me. Needs a fair amount of attention, but tempting...

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
why would a seller list this car and not show the under-side of the vehicle. Condition of floor boards and the like builds confidence and the lack of such creates doubt.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm curious about a few scenarios in Connecticut's not issuing titles on older vehicles (and any other state that operates similarly for that matter):

1) If I have an older vehicle with an out-of-state salvage title and go to register it in Connecticut, does any record of it having had a salvage title continue on with the car?

2) If I go to register an old Connecticut car in some state that does issue titles, what does that title look like? Salvage? Normal? With an asterisk? Clearly this is probably on a state-by-state basis, but maybe some would issue a normal title.

Anybody know how these scenarios would play out? Connecticut could be a great state for title-washing if the answers to the above questions are 1) salvage title info goes away, and 2) you could get a new non-salvage title in a different state.

I'm not that familiar with these things because I don't have any vehicles titled under my LLC in Montana. I don't really need to be familiar with it though because as a sovereign citizen, I just title all my vehicles under my own mini-state.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here in Ma we had a car totaled but because of sentimental value and the cost of used cars, chose to buy it back from the insurance company and add to the settlement and repair it. I learned that a car over ten years old here does not receive an altered title if salvaged. I do not know what the story is for older cars with salvaged titles coming in from other states. I thought of looking into it because of Jackie O's car.