1981 633CSI Spec

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cant find the specs online and I am sure many on here know exactly what is in this car.
I was really looking at the intake. But, it may be worth the purchase depending on the Manual Transmission and Diff specs.
Thanks.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Trans is Getrag 265/6 OD and diff is sideloader 3.45 based on Real OEM. Don knows for sure but manifolds, C runners, log plenum, l-jet fuel rail would work for a b35.

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
The main reason I was looking at it was for the manifold. But the other items would get me to pay additional $$$.
At this point the owner want about $500 more than I am will to pay because I also need to transport the car.
Thanks for the info! Next time I need to look for the spec's on a car I will use real OEM as you did.

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Possibly. The only thing i really want is the entire intake system and harness.
I sont need the getrag 265 and just found out I already have an lsd 3.46.
Te car looks like it is a good candidate for restoration anyway.
Any interest in sharing the cost? Says he will take $1700.
1981 633csi

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought an 92' e32($400). I need and l-jet to try to make the transition with the correct appearance. And not have to replace the brake booster.
With my capabilities it would be smarter to just replace the booster. If I can find one. But, I will likely take the path of 'most resistance'
I am going to a salvage yard next week to look at a 79 535. Not all that hopeful the l-jet system is still there though.
This car should probably be restored instead of stripped.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The 265 is worth ~750-1200, depending upon mileage and if it comes w/the bellhousing and it has a mechanical speedo gear.

L-jet stuff is worth around $200-300. Don't really need the bananas off those since the hot ticket is E21 (or is it E20?) fatter tubes.

Rear brakes are worth something. Maybe $100. Not sure if the front calipers are the same as E9/E12. If so, another $100.

Open rear diff on that side loader? CHeck it if has an LSD; that's another $700+.

Other misc. stuff can maybe get $500 for it (door armrests, pockets, etc.).

Q: why WOULDN'T you want the 265? 3.46 rear end sure could use that OD IMHO.

Wave $1200 in front of his face; he'll take it and you'll recoup and then some.

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
My car already has a 265 and the 3.46 LSD. So all I really need is the L-Jet stuff.
The diff on this one is 3.45 per Chris and realOEM

Can I use the rear brakes? Would they swap over?

What is OD?
The waving of cash dosent work because he is 6hrs away. Maybe $1500 would work. I would want to close the deal prior to doing the drive.
He also seems to know the value of the car and its components.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know what all you need, I was just saying the 265 and LSD (if it has one) can be sold to offset the cost of the car.

OD = Overdrive. 265/6 (as opposed to a 265/5 where 5th gear is 1:1).

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That overdrive transmission drops the engine speed in 5th gear by 20% vs the 4th gear in a 4 speed or 5th gear in the 265/5 transmission. Nice cruising transmission.

My e9 has 3.8+ displacement with motronic fuel injection, and the 265/6 trans along with some other good stuff for about 275 HP. The 265/6 combined with a 3.07 diff is very nice for highway, but reduces the car's capability as a drag racer from the 3.64 that was in it when I bought it.

Gary--