1985 535i for sale

tmason

Reaction score
Do the e28 have rust issues? I have a chance to pickup a 82 528e with 140K+5 speed cheap.
Thanks Tim.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This very tempting. His engine build is very similar to what's in my coupe except I'm running MS. This would be a great interim drive until the coupe comes home in August. I'm not quite sure how to price this one given the mods. Does the AC and heat work?

jmackro

Reaction score
How did you get that ad past the craigslist censors? It has correct grammar, no misspellings and actually describes the car. Craigslist ads are supposed to read like: "kar is gud no rustt ran when parkd missing tietle"

But seriously, good luck with your sale!

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
too bad it's been driven in MA winters (add mentions snow tires). 4-5 years here is really rough on any old car without a fully galvanized chassis.

TodB

Reaction score
Yes, heat and AC work.

The crank really helps with a bit more ummph of torque. I'll miss it. A lot. I really enjoy driving it.

Rust - underneath it looks great, and the usual troublespots, jack points and bumper mounts are fine. Once of the pics show the very minor rust happening in the rear wheel wells.

My commute is 3 miles each way and I usually coerce my wife to let me take her car when its snowing. Honestly, the rust is superficial and very minor.

My pics suck, I know, I plan to take more. It was -20 this weekend so I wasn't up for going outside. Now its 52, raining and blowing a stink. A 70 degree swing in 2 days. Welcome to NE.

Pricing it was a challenge and its negotiable. I had to start somewhere.