1985 BMW M635csi (Euro)

scottd

Reaction score
Unless the car is worth $150k +, which it isnt, I am with aforementioned "Bob." Throw a price out, for what you believe it's worth. I've seen a few CSLs listed here for much more than this car is worth, WITH an asking price.

And sure, I'd like my car to go to a good home if I ever sell, but if someone buys a car, they own it and can do what they please, just like I have done during my ownership.

Scott

hplug

Reaction score
I love these cars this is the current and I don't think I can let it go, just a fun one to have.

Attachments

• DSC_0001 (2).jpg
    DSC_0001 (2).jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 171

gsshack

Reaction score
Tom, a beautiful example of the M635CS. I came close to buying a Diamond Schwartz before ending up with an '84 Hennarot over Black of which there were few produced. I'm curious about your 146 registered worldwide comment, could you please expand on this. The M88/3 is a derivative of the M1 M88 which had 3 main differences from the engine in our M635CSi coupes - mechanical fuel injection, electronic ignition & dry sump lubrication.

Steve

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
that was my question previous.... referring to "same as BMW M1 "..... the M88/3 is not the M88 from the M1.... Kugelfisher injection, dry sump etc....
perhaps the block is the same ?? don't think the head.....

Tomme9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Unless the car is worth $150k +, which it isnt, I am with aforementioned "Bob." Throw a price out, for what you believe it's worth. I've seen a few CSLs listed here for much more than this car is worth, WITH an asking price.

And sure, I'd like my car to go to a good home if I ever sell, but if someone buys a car, they own it and can do what they please, just like I have done during my ownership.

Scott
Thanks Scott - I was wondering what the cut-off price was - $150k - good to know! :)

Tomme9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tom, a beautiful example of the M635CS. I came close to buying a Diamond Schwartz before ending up with an '84 Hennarot over Black of which there were few produced. I'm curious about your 146 registered worldwide comment, could you please expand on this. The M88/3 is a derivative of the M1 M88 which had 3 main differences from the engine in our M635CSi coupes - mechanical fuel injection, electronic ignition & dry sump lubrication.

Steve
Hi Steve - numbers come from the M Registry based solely on M635csi "registrations" - worldwide vs US for that year model. That's about as close as I could get really. Number could be higher or lower based on if owner indeed registered it - if it's still alive - even if registered - etc. I've done a shit-ton of reading/research and can get aggregate production numbers - LHD/RHD - Canadian/Japan models etc - but it gets fuzzy after that. If anyone has a better source for data I'd love to know total produced / total surviving 1985 M635csi Euros - and all other Me24s for that matter.

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/