2 x RHD CSi

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
We’re seen these two before.

My only comment is about the Turkish blue car in that for a car that is supposedly fully restored, with a new vinyl roof, I’m surprised they not managed to apply the vinyl roof correctly (it’s missing a whole piece below the rear windscreen).

Rings alarm bells for me!

as always I’m not associated with these cars at all!

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Both stealers , I mean dealers trying to sell the E9’s for a quick profit !!!

Good luck with that !!!.... they are going to need it with both over priced cars , that need work on them

Simufly

Reaction score
The black one looks interesting, black is not a good colour for the e9 IMO.
From the vin it would seem to be the next car off the line after Michael's.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
The black one looks interesting, black is not a good colour for the e9 IMO.
From the vin it would seem to be the next car off the line after Michael's.

I hadn’t noticed that. Interesting that it has a vinyl roof like mine. Shame they put a horrible after market sunroof in though.

day66

Reaction score
The blue one has been for sale for most of this year and I'm pretty sure it has appeared in an auction or two. I remember seeing it about 18 months ago on the Car and Classic site, for about £15k, unrestored (and in its original white). I suspect the market is very suspicious of freshly painted cars, which is perhaps why the dark blue CSI that sold at auction a week ago, sold so well.

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are we being a little too critical of these cars? I do not know them and do not have any connection.

One is £40k, the other £46k asking price. At first glance they look good, are RHD which means that they are scarce and a CSI is a CSL but more practical, tougher, more comfortable, same power and £80k cheaper.

One appears to have the vinyl roof slightly incorrect, the centre of the wheels are not painted black. Otherwise these are series 2, fuel injected manual cars at a third of the price of a CSL. I am sure that in a concourse we can find fault and I expect someone to point out a series of things I missed. But they are £40k which with today’s BREXIT opportunities is about €44k and $50k asking price.

If we consider the cost of a paint job £8k, or metal work, £15k or £20k they could be considered good value.
Let’s see what the market says when they are sold.