2000cs on Barrett Jackson auction

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, Andrew, I'm glad to be here. I may take it to MidAmerica, even if Bo called it a "pig"....hmmmmph

Ed

I used to think they were the homeliest BMW design...the more I learned about CS coupes, the more I grew to appreciate them.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's certainly love-it or hate-it design and "homely" describes it, for sure. More ArtDeco, almost like an upside-down Citroen DS, not at all like the aggressive Sharknose.
citroen__citroen_ds_23_pallas_5_speed_78_000_km_original_1974_1_lgw.jpg

front right.jpg

I'm excited about it. I've already been chatting with Elliott Schnackenberg and others learning as much as I can.

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Don't misunderstand... I love this car and it's nose. Like the line out of Forrest Gump... "Mizz Gump...your boy...is different"

The interior is gonna look amazing when it's all redone... I'm not sure how Coupe folks feel about changing the wheel... but I like this Moto Lito (with proper center emblem)

s-l1600.jpg

I have a 380mm Petri sport wheel, but I don't think that will look correct on this car...

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Me too... I need to find a the hub for it now...

Agree, Petri doesn't work on the 2000CS. I'd restore the original, and use the pictured Moto Lito or a serif NK (if you can find one) for a sportier look.

Contact Hans Wortelboer, Hans W. on this forum...he specializes in vintage steering wheels, may have the correct BMW horn button.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Zinz,

Is the color of your car granada? Looks like my paint (if I buff it).

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is the color of your car granada? Looks like my paint (if I buff it).

Originally Granada. It was painted during the 'restoration" in '87-'89, then cheaply repainted again several years ago... the clear coat from the latest re-spray has mostly peeled off. It will go back to Granada with a single stage paint.

Thanks for the info about Hans Wortelboer, Andrew. I'll send him a PM and see what he has for me.... funny I used to work with a Harry Wortelboer..

Steering wheels are simple enough to change out if it doesn't look quite right. I like this MotoLito as it has all the appropriate colors of the rest of the interior... wood matches, chrome matches, and the black matches my interior. If the center looks too big once installed, I'll find something else. ... I have a long way to go before I'm putting in the final touches, though.

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks!

I've been here 51 years.... actually in Cedar Park now.

I hope to bring the CS to the 2002s Cars and Coffee next month down at Mozarts...

Ed

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm not a computer-gamer person, but I assumed the front was the inspiration for Angry Birds...(not a pig, Bo) There's something nicely sinister about the Euro headlights. Welcome to the group.

Auggiemize on (the 02 board...)

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I may take it to MidAmerica, even if Bo called it a "pig"....hmmmmph

Ed

Not sure if you are referring to me but, if yes, I do not remember calling this car "a pig"... I can certainly think of a few cars that deserve that qualification but none would be on this forum.

Last edited:

floridabmx

Reaction score
beautiful cars. I had a complete but field find red 2000cs at one point. Solid as could be too with original paint and gorgeous patina from sitting in texas/oklahoma sun...

euro lamps and fender mounted bullet mirrors. black leather interior, manual transmission...

ahhh how i wouldve loved to drop 20k into that car.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not sure if you are referring to me

Different Bo, Bo. Bo Black is a friend of mine and a die-hard 2002 guy. He's run the MidAmerica02Fest for 16 years http://midamerica02fest.com/ He's the salt of the earth and was chiding me only because I had changed my mind about rebuilding a '72 '02 when I found this CS. He loves all the old BMWs, but 2002s are 1st in his book.

Ed

I'd like to find a parts car, but not sure why... It looks like I won't need much. I've hoarded 2002 parts for years and I'm seeing how many of those pieces cross-over (steering wheel signal stalks, brake parts, front suspension, etc... ) Really, I'm just looking to replace slightly worn parts with better ones... I'll post a WTB ad when the time comes.