2017 Rolex Reunion- Luigi and the RSRs

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Luigi@6_2017.jpeg

I just posted the video from the Rolex reunion in Monterey. It includes all 4 cars I raced that weekend so it is a bit longer than usual.

Luigi had some battles with RSRs (including Bill Kinkaid) and an M1 and acquitted himself well. Lots of action with the Chevron as well. Leave a 'Like,' or a comment. Thanks for watching!

Here's the link:

Philippe db

Reaction score
Great cars and great races great footage.

I like to think this is a hobby you need to be born in

gwittman

Reaction score
Good video. It must be somewhat confusing driving different cars in the different sessions. Not only do you have to deal with the different handling, braking and power characteristics; you also have right side and left side steering plus left side and right side shifting. I hope at least the pedals are the same arrangement. I have a hard time just dealing with one car.
Are penalties imposed for passing under yellow? They usually get pretty strict about passing under yellow in SCCA. Although, I have been blatantly passed under yellow before without the other guy knowing it and it was not called in. I talked to the guy about it and he told me he didn't see the flag. I didn't file a protest even though he was in my class and it was for second place.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
one of the best coupe pictures ive ever seen
even the reflection of the hubs on the rear wheels
how come they put a stripe on the headlights?

viphoto

Reaction score
Thank you once again for such great footage! I can almost smell the race gas. Interesting seeing Henry Schmitt's spin... I worked for Henry as his parts manager at BMW of SF in the 90's and was there when he bought Vasek's CSL and a couple other race cars but I left before he started Vintage racing. It was also great seeing some of the cars that I saw "back in the day" at Riverside during the IMSA years (if only I could find my old Kodachrome's from those days).

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
one of the best coupe pictures ive ever seen
even the reflection of the hubs on the rear wheels
how come they put a stripe on the headlights?

Thank you for your kind words. All sanction bodies want something on the glass headlights to retain glass shards in case of contact. We have clear plastic on the headlights but we have found that corner workers will black flag us for not having "something" on the glass. That single strip of tape helps prevent that.