2800 CS on Ebay from El Cajon CA

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Given the wheels, the primer-like paint it's likely the expense of the S38 driveline transplant has caused the inevitable wife's ultimatum... in my case it was "ME or the DOG!" ...but the same applies to specialty BMW's we know and love as well!

lol!

No info here, btw just supposition.

Ran

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, the ebay car already made it to the registry. That may be premature given the ebay user was created yesterday and has a lone picture of the car being sold. Maybe the registry needs a triage section where we put non homologated entries for a while.

coov

Reaction score
I have emailed the seller twice to ask for pictures of the shock towers, etc. No reply. Does anybody here no anything about this car?? I'm interested, but not based on one picture.
Thanks,
Bob

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, the ebay car already made it to the registry. That may be premature given the ebay user was created yesterday and has a lone picture of the car being sold. Maybe the registry needs a triage section where we put non homologated entries for a while.

Triage or Stan'age' it's precisely that it's become a numbers game that gives some of us more 'private' types a bit of concern...this has been discussed elsewhere most recently. I am sure you will appreciate this given your undercover status?

Cheers Steve!

Woz

coov

Reaction score
I have sent 4 requests to this ebay auction and have received no reply to any of them.
If anybody here can help confirm:
1. The 84/85 engine from a 535i is not any more powerful than the stock 3.0cs motor right? I believe the 535i engine was rated at 180 hp.
2. Does anybody out there know who the owner is, or any history on the car whatsoever?

Thanks,

Bob

coov

Reaction score
Hi Ran,

That link didn't seem to help at all. Other links are showing the 84 3.5 variant as an M30 rated at 180 hp. Does that sound correct?

I don't know where in So Cal you are, but are you any where near El Cajon?

There are several bidders, so somebody must know something about the car, unless they are bidding without any knowledge of the car. (Yikes).

Thanks,

Bob

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
If anybody here can help confirm:
1. The 84/85 engine from a 535i is not any more powerful than the stock 3.0cs motor right? I believe the 535i engine was rated at 180 hp.
Here are some representative specs for US models:
72 3.0CS HP=180, torque=185lb/ft
78 633 177/196
85 635 182/214
I think the 88-89 635s had 208HP

For comparision:
84 euro 635 218/220

The difference you feel in daily driving is the torque increase for the 'bigger' engines.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
The engine in question here was installed by Carl at LJ independent.
Unless I miss my guess when I go to see this most likely it's the M30b34 but it's not a 3.5 euro high-compression motor.

Picture1-18.png

Ran

CSfan

Reaction score
Piece of junk!

This car is a piece of junk! It was on carl nelson lot for sometime. it was i believe his lawyer's project that never got completed. there was a lien place on the car due to the last customer do not have money to pay for the transplant. total rust on under pan where you can see through the floor.

I was in talks for a purchase but it was a project way over my budget!! Stay away unless you get pictures of the interior.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone have Carl's home number? (he's not picking up at the shop which is open 9 to 1 saturdays)

I was in talks for a purchase but it was a project way over my budget!! Stay away unless you get pictures of the interior.
total rust on under pan where you can see through the floor.

Plan to do just that...ta~

I would much rather replace a floor pan than a shock tower@!

Ran