3.0 cs Engine tuning tutorial with videos

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
De Q. How about a trip to Essex so we can make the same videos on a CSI?
I can fetch you from Stanstead!!
I can arrange the video kit and most of the tools, plus some video editing software. Gaydon week in August to make it a worth while trip?

Excellent work, and so well presented. Once again you are setting the benchmark.
CB

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Excellent post DeQ. For those without a CO meter, you can get close by adjusting the mixture to "lean best idle" which is to say adjust the mix screw until the idle is highest, then in or out more until it drops, then back a little. This will likely result in a slightly richer (and smoother) idle than the CO method which is emmissions driven. The M30 likes to idle best around 12.5 AFR which is more than 3-4% CO. And the mixture screw should be the last adjustment made for final idle because this affects the relationship of the throttle plate to the first progression hole/idle jet which in turn affects off-idle acceleration.

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
De Q. How about a trip to Essex so we can make the same videos on a CSI?
I can fetch you from Stanstead!!
I can arrange the video kit and most of the tools, plus some video editing software. Gaydon week in August to make it a worth while trip?

Excellent work, and so well presented. Once again you are setting the benchmark.
CB

thank you for your kind proposal,it is certainly tempting, Gaydon wow !
but unfortunately i have no idea of how this goes for a CSI
it seems that my humble benchmark is unable to go further than CS
just tell me if i can assist in any way, but i am sure you will be able to make it
regards

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
as this process needs some minutes to be completed, and having a 2v motorrad too i have prepared a protable fan
feed with a battery able for 30 minutes run

9EBE7EFE-A957-4A72-839E-F506C1B115EA.jpeg
9A808E6B-E30D-4CF7-ABA8-88419BB46BE1.jpeg