3.0 csi injector replacement

Torsen

Reaction score
I'd like to fit new injectors to my csi to get rid of the uneven work of the engine. Rebuilding injectors is not an option, as mine look like if they're going to dissintegrate If I pull them out the fuel rail. Brand new Bosch units are worth a seconhand 3.5 engine, but I've found a company that sells rebuilt Mercedes ones reasonably priced. Can I use pre-75 Mercedes W116 d-jet injectors? I think they are 0 280 150 015. Any other kind of injector to look for?

BTW, I won't fit a more modern M30, I want to keep the car original.

Thank you.

JhwShark

Reaction score
I believe it has the same flow rate as the blue Bosch (043 ??) which would deliver same fuel mass. So, the question moves to how are they configured, will it fit??

Jon

Torsen

Reaction score
Flow and impedance match the E9's, what I don't know is if the shape is ok to fit in the fuel ramp.

Last edited:

Bwana

Reaction score
For what it's worth, the picture looks just like my D-Jet injectors. I had them out, cleaned and flow tested at a local shop. Came back great!

Be sure to get new rubber donuts, the ones that go around both the injector base and center section. There are two types listed in the BMW parts catalogue, the more expensive ones (by a LOT, I think $65 for 6) are the ones for an early D-Jet. What year is your car? Mine is a '72 Italian import

Torsen

Reaction score
Yeah, they also "look" like the right ones to me, just want to make sure they're the ones to go for. Doughnuts not that expensive if they last 35 years!. A '74 car I think.

nashvillecat

Reaction score
This very recent thread may help. Pay careful attention to the links. :wink:

Torsen

Reaction score
Thank you, nashvillecat.

I ran an "injectors" search before asking myself. Among others, I've read the thread "injectors", by forum member 30csl. I just want to make sure that the 015 injectors are plug and play, or at least, can be fitted with minor work.