3.0CS cabrio mit M5 motor

pj

Reaction score
I like it , as long as the install was done right whats the problem , would you be against it if BMW had run it?
Just my 2 cents for what thats worth!

PJ

andrey

Reaction score
well, E9s are pretty 'flexy' cars. the bodies flex and bend when cornering (compared to, say an E3) and, one would imagine, there's only so much power you'd want to have before things need reinforcing, etc. even the windshield is an important part of the body structure, which you realize as soon as you remove one and then watch the body 'sag'. yikes.

cutting the roof off an already flex-prone body is just asking for trouble. also these cars just look plain stupid without the roof.

Ephriam K. Williams

Reaction score
Both of you guys are correct...

But to me there is something about a "Coupe"!... When you look at the car, it "DOESN'T" look good with the top down.... of course, I too would question the structural integrity of the covertible in the pictures. Notice he hasn't shown a picture of the "ENTIRE" car with the top down. "SOME" converitbles are nice, but, the 3.0cs as a convertible is NOT! Just like the 635csi convertible, ... It doesn't look good! (Only my personal opinion). Some people think it looks good! But I do know if BMW made this car, structural integrity would not be questionable. Of course this would probably make the car a whole lot heavier. But I must admit, I do like the engine configuration.... (sigh...) But in closing... the 3.0 cs is a gorgeous coupe as the 635. Their lines connect to the overall beauty of the cars. The coupes are solid and light. I love my coupes!... Take care fellas!

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Somebody spen a loooot of money on that. It actually doesn't look too bad, and they did a great job on the interior.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interior..

x_atlas0 said:
Somebody spen a loooot of money on that. It actually doesn't look too bad, and they did a great job on the interior.

Except for the fact that you can't have any shoulders if you want to sit in the back seat. Minor inconvenience. ;-)

Dan