3.0CS for sale (late sunroof car - project or parts)

damienh

Reaction score
I bought this car about 5 years ago, the body requires too much attention for my budget, it was never an option for me to restore it. It's a sunroof car after all, so sills, doors etc need attention. It's now being evicted from my sister's garage. I bought a fairly solid CSi at the same time so I've removed a few parts, but haven't really the space to store parts, or keep the whole car which is what I'd like to do. It's had no expense spared when it comes to options, aircon, elec mirrors, elec aerial, map light, leather, ducktail spoiler, even an Italvolante Motorsport steering wheel which I'm currently roadtesting. I drove it in to the garage no problem, transmission seemed fine. But it hasn't been started in a few years now and I couldn't get it started last time, so getting it out is going to be fun. I'm not a mechanic it's worth pointing out

I still haven't decided if I'll remove anything else, but I'll probably take the boot and bonnet which are perfect. I originally wanted to keep the interior which I love, in grey leather, but sadly it's now got a couple of tears on the front seats. Wish I'd treated the leather as soon as I bought it. It's either baikal or nachtblau (not sure I know the difference), with a light grey/blue vinyl roof, which I personally think looks really good and I've never seen another with this combo. It's got a spare rear windscreen.

I'm not going to list all parts, and may consider parting out, but I'm open to fair offers, just ask me specific questions on whatever may be of interest and I should be able to answer. The garage is so cramped it's really difficult to take photos.

damienh

Reaction score
Ah. Of course, probably the most important piece of information which I forgot to post !

It's in the UK, North London.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Scott... I will Race you there!

Scott,

I just had them bring a Concorde out of mothballs... How are you getting to the UK?:mrgreen:

damienh

Reaction score
I've been asked about the spoiler - the rubber part is all distorted and hanging off, but I think the fibreglass part is ok. Also the map light is not the BMW one, but another brand which I believe came as an option.

damienh

Reaction score
Hi, I guess anything's possible, would be a difficult job I would imagine. My personal view is the sunroof is quite small and quite far back. I drove a sunroof car once, and with the windows open didn't even notice the difference when it was open. If that makes sense.

globalgrooves

Reaction score
i am looking for a RHD dash and the door wood, that is restorable. and lower dash pad below the steering column, if you going to part it out

The Don

Reaction score
Hi, there is a UK 3.0CSa (RHD) being parted out/broken in Birmingham near to the NEC in the Parts section.