3.0cs hood part needed

richrfd

Reaction score
hello all I will try to describe the part i need Under the hood there is a tortion bar mounted to the hood to hold the hood up on the right side the mounting bracket is missing It has two holes for bolts to mount to theunderside of the hood does anyone have one i could buy? i would not have to use a stick to hold up my hood thanks

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
hello all I will try to describe the part i need Under the hood there is a tortion bar mounted to the hood to hold the hood up on the right side the mounting bracket is missing It has two holes for bolts to mount to theunderside of the hood does anyone have one i could buy? i would not have to use a stick to hold up my hood thanks

There is a floating threaded plate that secured the hood hinge - unrelated to the torsion bar. Is this what you are looking for?

32E478D0-5997-4B13-9B6F-BAFEAD4BB168.jpeg

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Marcos.
Can anyone please send me a photo of the part that is needed? The photo Markos send me is hard for me to see the part well enough.
Koopman

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m not sure I understand what Rich needs for his torsion setup. As far as I know, the torsion bar mount is welded to the hood. Please excuse the dirty hood.

FCA3374D-4860-49DA-B5FA-EBE4869BD2AB.jpeg

richrfd

Reaction score
In these photos, the part I am holding is the part I need. This one came from the driver's side. I need the passengers side (in case they are not the same). So all photos are drivers side and I am looking for passengers side. Thank you. Hood Part 1.jpg Hood Part 2.jpg Hood Part 3.jpg Hood Part 4.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
You may end up needed to buy the whole torsion beam setup. I haven’t removed the torsion bar yet, so the fitment of that bracket is still a bit confusing to me. A pic of the side with missing parts would help. It looks like you may be able to have the bracket fabricated.