3.0CS: SF Bay - $38K

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
some how i think the guy meant 1984 for the engine + tranny ... but ... rust mentioned in a car for 38k? something is very wrong with this picture. if anybody is thinking about buying, they better have a very good look at it.

the foam in the seats appears a bit wrong, it has the reveal ... it just doesn't change plane like it should ... its all too flat.

catch those speaker forms on the door panels.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like the Rockies on a CO plate. Picture with wife is probably quite old and Arde would say owner is dumping the wife along with the coupe.

eludvigs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Perhaps we shouldn't use the forum to lower the value on coupes. Just a thought. Hope the guy gets every penny!!!!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Perhaps we shouldn't use the forum to lower the value on coupes. Just a thought. Hope the guy gets every penny!!!!

The market will dictate how many pennies he gets it's up to us to not over pay if we don't have to. And help each other out in that regard. There will always be a constant battle with the owners that view these cars as investments and the owners that view these cars as the best cars on the planet to enjoy and drive without worrying about "hurting or damaging" their "investment." Nobody ever wins the battle. It is very apparent on the Early 911S registry site. Basically two sides and they get into heated conversations (best way to put it) all the time.

Drivers want parts and maintenance to be inexpensive of course and investors want their cars to continue to gain in value since (most) rarely drive them and don't have as much of a personal connection to them (most of the time, I'm generalizing yes). You think you can have it both ways; but you really can't.

I personally don't ever plan on selling and would like to continue driving the cars and picking up ones at reasonable prices so there is no confusion on what side I am on. I hope the market drops out and they are all worth next to nothing so I can pick a bunch up personally. Never say never, this Bull will eventually get slaughtered like its in a Spanish bull fight in my opinion. But of course I've been wrong for 7 years now. It keeps going up and up. But like real estate and everything else, what goes up must eventually come down.

So, always a double edged sword.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Well let's examine for fun what the optimal thing to do would be.

If there are more owners than not-owners looking to buy a coupe you maximize their welfare by value appreciation. If there are more people on the sidelines eager to own coupes than owners then you maximize welfare by dropping values.

OK, lets do a show of hands, how many people would like to buy their first coupe?

italiangerman

Site Donor
Reaction score
buyers and sellers

If there are more owners than not-owners looking to buy a coupe you maximize their welfare by value appreciation. If there are more people on the sidelines eager to own coupes than owners then you maximize welfare by dropping values.

and then there is supply and demand

m73

Reaction score
So how does a German car with no performence (serious) mods that has been tampered with increase in value?

Maybe one is paying for the artistic photo shoot as well....

I agree with some that we are in a bubble, why not? Those who built and own these cars know life is short so why not milk it for what it's worth....literally its every devoted fan for him/herself.

I have no comment on value or condition of car, but as an enthusiast there is absolutely nothing to say about this one.

MF

restart

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 112