3.0cs with 3.5 engine fitted

mm55mm

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to by a nice and very straight 1972 3.0 CS. It has however been upgraded with a 635 3.5 motor and gearbox from 1985. What do people think of this and why would that be the case. The original engine/gearbox is also included just not sure of condition yet. The good thing I guess is that the body is very very good. In US$ it's $16k. Appreciate peoples views if it's best to avoid anything but an "original"

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's really an issue for you, not others. Do you want an entirely original car or would you appreciate the additional torque of the 3.5 and better cruising RPM of the OD 5 speed?

A LOT of people have swapped in 5 speeds, and a fair number have bumped up to larger displacement engines. Since all M30 engines are almost identical externally (save differences in induction), it's not much of an issue with originality fans.

E9KNZ047

Reaction score
Hi MM55MM - i have a good friend in Auckland who is looking for an E9 if you elect not to buy the car can you send me the car details via email and I will pass on..greatly appreciated