3.0cs with m6 engine on ebay

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Nice looking car in the photos, except I am trying to find words for the fuel filler!

jmackro

Reaction score
......except I am trying to find words for the fuel filler!

How about "tacky" ?

And, what can we say about that steering column mounted monster tach?

Still, the general level of workmanship and investment put into this car is impressive. Not my cup of tea, but still impressive.

Attachments

• fool filter.jpg
    fool filter.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 172
  • tacky tach.jpg
    tacky tach.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I agree with the statement about the tacky tach and fuel door. Not sure why they decided to stuff that tach in there. That thing belongs on a boat or something. Also the console looks mismatched. Perhaps the new owner will sort this out.

runner

Reaction score
Hope the new/or old owner brings it to Monterey/Carmel next year at the meet, so we can all see it in person :)

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Yeah.. I'm not feeling the fuel filler door or the huge tach. It wouldn't have been horribly expensive to change the original tach, as evidenced by Paul Cain's work. Plus, the redline is not that much higher on the S38 than the M30, so I doubt any mechanical work would have been needed, probably just a face repaint.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Miss Ceylon here (as I like to call her) CSi sold last year in standard trim for $42,000 and I would prefer to have gotten it instead of paying $48 for a mismatch?

Ceylon-1.jpg

chicane

Reaction score
OK, first
Fender grilles, fuel filler LOL.
Wheels LOL.
$55K LOL.

And for all the hoopla about the M6 engine, if that is a stock U.S. M6 engine it would only have 260 HP. Which is 60 HP over stock and certainly NOT worth a $30K+ premium.

The car itself...meh.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
I correct myself as I realize the selling price is $55k not $48k as I supposed...
Apologies for the technical error of my posting above!

Ran

:mrgreen:

G

Reaction score
Here is my disastrous attempt at photographing the 2008 Bimmer Mag article on this coupe.
Nice article written on the Man and his coupe.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

acat2002

Reaction score
in the description Seller states: "Own the worlds’ only M-6-powered 3.0 CS Coupe"
He's kidding, right?

Love the car (sans the fuel filler and Pep-boys camaro-esque tach). To be enjoyed and driven, but not at that price. True, probably couldn't be built properly for that money, but do you really want second hand resto-mod that's been driven for some time?

Maybe someone out there wants/needs instant gratification and doesn't want to endure the build process themselves - who knows.

chicane

Reaction score
in the description Seller states: "Own the worlds’ only M-6-powered 3.0 CS Coupe"
He's kidding, right?

I was thinking the same thing. There are others.
Also, I see from the article that the car is owned by John Holmes...hmmm maybe it is worth some BIG money.... :D

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Miss Ceylon here (as I like to call her) CSi sold last year in standard trim for $42,000 and I would prefer to have gotten it instead of paying $48 for a mismatch?

Ceylon-1.jpg

Right on....IMO, that was the finest original ride ever to cycle through this forum. You could make a calendar of that car alone.

The debate becomes mods/no mods......good taste/bad taste.

Tach and gas door- Fugly......M engine- nice job, welcomed performance.

In the end, you just can't compare the two cars. Miss Ceylon is in a class silver M6 could never come close to.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Miss Ceylon belonged to Joe Andrioggi(sp). I met Joe at two Buckingham PA car shows. A wonderful, kind, gentle man who loved to share his knowledge and parts with everyone. He was a walking encyclopedia about our coupes. He did almost all his work himself, was an engineer with a number of patents, and a perfectionist!!!! When he died a couple of years ago he was working, I believe, on an Alfa. Imagine what it would have been when Joe finished with it.

As for the MCoupe: the tach looks like it came directly from my 1940 Ford with the Olds transplant.

acat2002

Reaction score
You're likely right on the BIG money!

lol!

LOL!
Yep, this thread could turn ugly quick!
glad you guys dove in head first, because I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be the first guy.....

BTW, it would be the LATE John Holmes.

chicane

Reaction score
LOL!
Yep, this thread could turn ugly quick!
glad you guys dove in head first, because I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be the first guy.....

BTW, it would be the LATE John Holmes.

Maybe he needed the extra HP to carry around all of that extra...weight... LOL