3.0s headlight grills

Peter A.

Reaction score
I have left and right NOS grills I might sell.
On realoem, the price is listed as $441.87 each.
Is that the REAL world price?
Peter

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Grill prices Word of caution: Just because these are the current retail prices, it does mean you can get the same amount for them. There are precise reasons why certain parts are still left in the BMW parts bin... probably the major reason being the outrageous parts' costs. The left and right grills are not very much sought after items and most coupe owners will not shell out that much for them. A general rule of thumb is to offer at roughly half the current retail price if you want to get rid of the grills in a somewhat speedy manner.

Just sold a NOS front chromed bumper piece for much less the current dealer price...sold for $150 vs almost $500 dealer price. Sold in less than a day. Certain coupe parts such as a set of staggered Alpina rims or a 380mm Petri/CSL steering wheel and certain interior/exterior trim parts will command premium prices all day long, while other less common parts are relatively cheap on the current CS parts market.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I got lucky and found two NOS grills on eBay two years ago for $75. I should say really, really, really lucky! I agree with Bert though. The grill's trim is what wears and gets nicks and such but they can be removed and polished.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
for the what its worth department. the price Peter has quoted is from RealOEM.com. these prices rarely represent true cost. Penskeparts has the grills listed for $304.44. which means that you could buy it for $270.00 (cost less 10% 'cca discount). maximillian has them listed for $278.65. its also worth looking into which dealers give deeper discounts - there are some dealers that advertise in the roundel of 20% to 25% discounts.