3 point Seatbelt Question

gregthall

Reaction score
Ready to update my seatbelts in my '71 2800 CS.... reading about the mount in the roof below the headliner, --but I just can't feel it. There are obviously the two threads for the rear "Oh ****" handle, but try as I might, I can't feel a mount just forward of said handle. I do feel the the rod that spans the liner, but no threaded hole. Are all e9's equipped with the thread, or was it an after thought in subsequent years. Thanks, as always. Greg.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure that some of the 72's had the connection. Stevehose has a 72 and his coupe has the seatbelts anchored there.

for the 2800cs, i am in the same predicament. i have been struggling with this and i am currently working on trying to place 635csi seatbelts into my coupe. similar to what Paul Cain did. i will mount the pivot point on the wood (thru the metal), or just below the wood.

Attachments

• seat belt - paul cain.jpg
    seat belt - paul cain.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 163

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, mine is a June '72 build so maybe earlier ones did not?

i'm pretty sure that some of the 72's had the connection. Stevehose has a 72 and his coupe has the seatbelts anchored there.

for the 2800cs, i am in the same predicament. i have been struggling with this and i am currently working on trying to place 635csi seatbelts into my coupe. similar to what Paul Cain did. i will mount the pivot point on the wood (thru the metal), or just below the wood.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I will be interested to see what kind of reception my setup gets when I finally get my car back on the road. The harness is rather too prominent in the car, but it is well mounted and would provide good protection if I really needed it.

I also like the way it holds me in the seat.

Peter will probably be the first of the board members to see my setup (he seems to have eclectic tastes, so I'll start there).