3 weber on 3000

giannicsl

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted advice / opinions on the replacement system on 3000 sedan carburetors ..
it would be nice to put 3 weber 40 DCOE or also from the garden!
My concerns are how to change the car in terms of power supply and features!
consume more?
or for example the starter would no longer be automatic?
In short it says that the maximum power would increase from the current 180 hp to almost 210 hp
I believe it?
possible only with carburetors you gain 30 hp?
else I've also got (but I have yet to mount them un'impianto steel exhaust manifolds of the German Schmiedmann ...
I await your opinions and thank you

E3-Otto

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted advice / opinions on the replacement system on 3000 sedan carburetors ..
it would be nice to put 3 weber 40 DCOE or also from the garden!
My concerns are how to change the car in terms of power supply and features!
consume more?
or for example the starter would no longer be automatic?
In short it says that the maximum power would increase from the current 180 hp to almost 210 hp
I believe it?
possible only with carburetors you gain 30 hp?
else I've also got (but I have yet to mount them un'impianto steel exhaust manifolds of the German Schmiedmann ...
I await your opinions and thank you

You will get lower milage as You gain power and also its a bit tricky to get lean highway setting without losing some throttle response.

3 webers and a tuned steel exhaust manifold will probably get You near 210hp, depending on inlet manifold and filters. This with correct jet etc in the carbs.

/Otto

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Any tips for lean highway? I am working on this now

You will get lower milage as You gain power and also its a bit tricky to get lean highway setting without losing some throttle response.

3 webers and a tuned steel exhaust manifold will probably get You near 210hp, depending on inlet manifold and filters. This with correct jet etc in the carbs.

/Otto

E3-Otto

Reaction score
Hi,

To get leaner highway its most likely the Idlejets You have to change to smaller ones. This could affect the transition to the main circuit in a negative way. But You have to test to see how near the limit You are.

Its also important to have correct E-tubes, F9 or F2 should do the trick.

And finally, before doing anything, set the float level, check fuel pressure and have 3 identical carbs :smile:

/Otto

Any tips for lean highway? I am working on this now

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, that's where I am at this point-tweaking idle jets and you are correct, it affects the transition doing so. I set the float levels with a visual gauge while on the car and fueled up, not with the ruler with the tops off-much more accurate. F9 etube.

Hi,

To get leaner highway its most likely the Idlejets You have to change to smaller ones. This could affect the transition to the main circuit in a negative way. But You have to test to see how near the limit You are.

Its also important to have correct E-tubes, F9 or F2 should do the trick.

And finally, before doing anything, set the float level, check fuel pressure and have 3 identical carbs :smile:

/Otto

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Used to have '45s on my Etype. I used to drive it with spare jets and a set of Weber jet drills . I looked funny on the side of the Freeway reading plugs and changing jets. Car went like hell, but I could never get it lean enough. Years later, I realized I probably should have changed the emulsion tubes and possibly the venturis