38CM Petri on Ebay

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that's ego_bgo ... aka 'Big Ego' ...not my favorite ebay seller. he has sold wheels with a non-original hub and wrong horn buttons before ... so do your homework and ask for detailed pix. this is a 2002 hub with no horn ring. note to those interested, he has general disdain for e9 owners and can treat us with contempt

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
that's ego_bgo ... aka 'Big Ego' ...not my favorite ebay seller. he has sold wheels with a non-original hub and wrong horn buttons before ... so do your homework and ask for detailed pix. this is a 2002 hub with no horn ring. note to those interested, he has general disdain for e9 owners and can treat us with contempt

Yikes! Didn't know any of that backstory.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

A big affirmative!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

The wheel in the ad has a reproduction hub and cover. Both are good quality, but they aren't original. If anyone is in the habit of showing car show judges their steering wheel hub internals, it could be a problem. :D From a safety standpoint, the reproduction hubs are turned steel or aluminum. The original Petri hub is sheet metal with an accordion style collapsible design. In an accident the hub will crush. Keep in mind that most of the desirable Nardi and Momo hubs don't collapse either, and are made from solid aluminum. Collapsible hubs are required for aftermarket wheels now, but even late model (and UK) e9's started having collapsible lower steering columns.