40 cm Petri steering wheel

Stefan

Reaction score
Tell me if you sold the wheel for that price!

I would directly look in the car registry for every VW Scirocco TS 1975.

I guess you could buy that whole car for less than 10% of that sale price.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
no, its not leather its the rubberized material that is embossed to look like leather. you can get them covered in leather - which is what i will do at some point.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don't believe any 40cm Petri wheels were ever covered with leather when new. As stated the grip is made of rubbery material which makes it quite "soft and squishy" to the uninitiated. Most 38cm BMW Petris were wrapped with leather over a hard and rigid grip core. Think most of the VW Scirocco factory fitted 38cm Petris had rubberized grips.

duane_sword

Reaction score
A boss kit is an adapter that is specific to the steering wheel for a specific make and model of car. The Petri can be installed on a car only if they already own a boss kit for the steering wheel (ie a Momo kit for a BMW E9 will be useless with a Petri).

A Petri without a boss kit will be interesting only for people that have a boss kit or have an old tired Petri wheel and want to install yours.

Good luck with the sale and I hope you have an informed buyer so you are both happy after the sale.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
A boss kit is an adapter that is specific to the steering wheel for a specific make and model of car. The Petri can be installed on a car only if they already own a boss kit for the steering wheel (ie a Momo kit for a BMW E9 will be useless with a Petri).

A Petri without a boss kit will be interesting only for people that have a boss kit or have an old tired Petri wheel and want to install yours.

Good luck with the sale and I hope you have an informed buyer so you are both happy after the sale.

hi duane
as far as i can see in the pics the wheel is complete with all the necessary stuff to fit it in the e9
just plug and play !
it seems perfect, it only has one extra part (the tab for turning off the indicators) i assume that it has been wrongly removed from the donor car, but some people miss this part for exactly the same reason so it probably will be welcomed

regards

duane_sword

Reaction score
Hi there deQuincey :)

I purchased a new 38mm Petri which does have the turn-indicator tabs, installed perfectly to replace the Momo-Alpina I had before. Maybe the photos on eBay are hard for my eyes but the adapter on the wheel looks different to the Petri that I installed on my E9 only 3 weeks ago.

a54atii

Reaction score

Thanks for the clarification. I think it comes with everything you need to install in an E9. I'm allowing for returns on this auction in case the buyer is unhappy with the item.

Good catch by deQuincey that it also includes the indicator tab.

a54atii

Reaction score
Karl, is the material (rubber) faded from black or is it actually gray originally? Thanks
Scott

Scott,

The rubber material is black. I had a hard time taking the pictures -- played with flash, no flash, etc. I have some that were taken without a flash that more accurately show the color. I can send additional pictures to anyone who is interested.

Thanks,
Karl

duane_sword

Reaction score
Karl, in that case you have an excellent piece there, good luck with the auction. FWIW I paid well over $450 for my 38mm Petri so you should get a good and fair price

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi there deQuincey :)

I purchased a new 38mm Petri which does have the turn-indicator tabs, installed perfectly to replace the Momo-Alpina I had before. Maybe the photos on eBay are hard for my eyes but the adapter on the wheel looks different to the Petri that I installed on my E9 only 3 weeks ago.

well, duane
i confess that i do not know how the 380mm petri looks like, but the wheel that is shown in this auction is exactly the same as my 400mm petri
it is true that i can not tell from the pictures if the diameter of the hole is the right one, but the rest of it seems perfect

great that you found your beloved 380mm petri, so long search deserved sucess, i feel happy for you

regards

couttsdesign

Reaction score
I sold a 38 cm Petri in similar condition with hub last year for $500. Petri's are awesome looking, period correct steering wheels and are getting very hard to find. I regret selling it.....

GLWS...I wouldn't be surprised if your auction surpasses $600.